HybridZ

Too good to be true....again

70 DRMZ

Anyone ever had the bracket/timing chain guard (drivers side next to timing chain just aft of the distributor/2 bolts I believe) shear off to where the bracket/guard is pivoting on lower bolt into timing chain as the motor runs/bouncing off timing chain/very loud and noisy?? Timing chain has at least 3/4 inch play when squeezing ascending and descending sides together. Went to pick my new 77 280Z up and this is what I ran into after driving 7 hours for the $$ transfer. Some cam lobes are worn badly and I believe the metal has been going through the oil pump. Very little power beyond 3500 rpm. Is this an obvious rebuild top to bottom?? Just want to know other opinions before I make an adjusted offer for the RUST FREE 84K shell. Had a deal in place for $2750 before I inspected the car this weekend, frame rails are slightly bent same direction in front of the front suspension. TIA for any replies, Dale Malcolm.