HybridZ

Car surges at all rpm ranges

Rockr69

I have 76 280z that is bone stock, I have two problems won't charge and it surges like crazy . I have tried timing, tps position, changed the fuel filter and cleaned all the connectors and applied deg. Nothing is helping. Short of taking off the fuel tank and cleaning it out and replacing the pump I am lost. Please help. Rockr69

I did several searches. I guess the reason why this site is called Hybridz is all the turbo action and that's what I kept finding. I just wanna make my N/A L28 a runner again. At least until the Kids have moved out then I'll break the bank and all this turbo info will come in handy. Thanks For the link, I'll check it out:icon14:

I checked out the link and that's not the problem I have. My problem is the car idles fine will run all day at idle and revs to the moon with no load on it, but on acceleration it completely dies like it's starving for fuel only very light throttle pressure will yeild an rpm build. The higher the rpm say 3000 and up and it seems only when warmed up, though I can't say for sure cuz i haven't tried it dead cold yet. I have seen the alanticz threads and have a copy of the efi bible just thought someone with more knowledge than me would know for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...