HybridZ

piston rings?

Ive got a 82 na s130 that is running on 5 out of 6 and I was wondering what the strength of these pistons were. The cars got 210k on the odo and due to the throttle cable sticking its hit like 8500 rpms. It didnt make any noises indicating something wrong I just started it and it was burning oil and not firing on the 5th piston.:eek2:

8500 rpm???Damn on a stock engine it could have busted ring lands at those rpms. Sounds like it's time for a rebuild. My car just turned over 216k, but I'd never run it past 5200 rpm. No point and it's just not worth the risk. And as for a throttle cable sticking, there isn't one on these. Clean the throttle linkage out and lube it up real good so you don't have this problem.

I've taken two different l28's with over 200k each to 6500 MANY times. Yeah it's not the greatest thing but if you do blow something you may as well do an engine swap or buy a used engine from a JY if you want to keep it like it is. Unless the car is really nice then maybe rebuild. Aren't bearings alone around $100?