HybridZ

Whoohoo! It passed emissions test.

Was kind of dreading having to test the Z. With the L28 and SU's used to take me a few tries to get it done. But the new LS2 passed with flying colors on the first run. I did use my Predator to re-install the stock tune before hand. The guys at the test station looked really funny when I popped the hood, and got out the big book, then just shook their heads and hooked it up. Couple of minutes later the screen read PASS!

Mike

Guest drfrankenstein

congrats man.. here in dc they could care less whats in your car as long as it passes safety and emissions. so we dont have to pop the hood here

Way to go! I only wish they had used the data port on mine. But noooooo.....not in sunny Arizona, nothing that simple. Dig this, when I rolled up they asked what year car. '1975'. 'Open your hood please', at which time they see the Corvette fuel rail covers. So in the never ending brilliance of a government worker, the guy says 'OK, we'll test it as a 75 Corvette'. 'But it's a 75 Datsun with a 2001 Camaro engine', says I. 'No it isn't', says he, 'It's a 75 Corvette as far as out test go. See it says Corvette right on the motor'. By now there are 5 guys looking at the motor, and the spec book, and back at the motor, and then a little girl in the back pipes up with 'See if there's a 75 Datsun spec in the book'. Bless her little heart, because all five guys suddenly agreed it was a 75 Datsun. It still failed, but at least they had it identified correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

that seriously sucks... i went to re-tag my chevelle in nevada and had a similar problem, they ran the VIN and the genious at the inspection kept telling me the car was a 1980 Mustang... then he started looking for the OBDII port, it kept california plates and now sits in my driveway getting ready to be a donor for a datsun swap, save me finding a clean base :bonk: