HybridZ

location for rear proportioning valve

i'm redoin brake lines now...i'm installed 2 wilwood valves..one for the front brakes one for the rear. here is the front, i just need to bring the line off the T and all the way over to the pass side.

Picture018.jpg i thought about putting the rear valve on the tranny tunnel like the azc car pics...but is there really any benefit to that? it'd be a lot easier to just install it in the stock location on the firewall....just wanted some input as to where to put it, of if there was a good reason to put it in car.

Not sure you are supposed to have one in the front lines? Anyone?

The one that is in my rear line is in the ashtray location of the center console. The rear brake line runs under my center console and then down into the trans tunnel. Check my gallery for photos.

I secind the above comments... you should not have a valve on the fronts only on the rear. The valve by itself reduces the pedal force even when it is fully open. I personaly would leave the valve where it is and run the rear line into it then run the frint line into a 'T' straight off the MC.

S1010001-1.jpg

I am using a line lock on the front instead of a 'T' but you should be able to see what I am getting at. BTW when I took this picture the rear line was not attached to the valve yet.

Dragonfly

what is the piece that was bolted in where i have the valve now? just a fancy T? i just went and looked at it a bit more...it does just look like a big connector....i thought it was a proportioning valve the same as on the firewall. dang..atleast i didn't make it too far. dang i feel dumb :)Picture020.jpg

That is for your brake light in the dash (idiot light). If I remember correctly (and I may not) the pressure going into that device is the same for both front and rear brakes and if one side or the other loses pressure it will move a piston over and cause the switch to be closed making the light in the dash come on, that is why it is between the MC and the stock proportioning valve.

Dragonfly

ahhhh...well dang....guess one will go up on ebay...it took me while to find the old style wilwood with the knurled aluminum knob...i liked those better than the new ones. i'll prob just do something similar to was cygnus did....that was the plan from the get go anyway..but thought it'd be a lot of work to get it all inside with hardly any gain. thanks all....