HybridZ

4 rotor eccentric shafts

veritech-z

www.amvracing.com in Orlando offers custom 2,3, and 4 rotor eccentric shafts. I talked to the guy at Hot Import Nights, and he said this engine makes 700hp. It's a custom shaft on 13b guts and rotor housings. Uses the timing stuff from a Turbo II and a Microtech ecu to manage the spark. This one is getting a Supra tranny and a Ford 9" in a 1st gen RX-7. He said they're putting together a twin turbo version that they're going to put in an FD. Now that I think about it, seems we talked about everything but prices...

HIN2007155.jpg

email them at: ilmattoluna@aol.com

phone/fax: (407)207-5507

cell: (407)242-7982

For the record, I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way, but I thought maybe somebody would be interested in doing a rotary swap worth having (no offense intended to Owen or Auxilliary).

For the record, I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way, but I thought maybe somebody would be interested in doing a rotary swap worth having (no offense intended to Owen or Auxilliary).

Max,

Auxilary's Z car is coming along and he just finished the frame rails, exhaust, and some other work as well. His will be 1) repeatable 2) within the "normal" budget of the regular guy. That's where his car will shine.

Once it's dialed in, the car should be a blast to drive on the track.

Davy

• 2 weeks later...
Max,

Auxilary's Z car is coming along and he just finished the frame rails, exhaust, and some other work as well. His will be 1) repeatable 2) within the "normal" budget of the regular guy. That's where his car will shine.

Once it's dialed in, the car should be a blast to drive on the track.

Davy

I hesitate to reply to this, because I really don't want to come across as being down on Auxiliary or anyone else thinking of doing a rotary swap...

Rather than list the things about the 2-rotor swap as detailed in Auxiliary's thread that don't appeal to me, I'll just apologize to anyone who may have been offended by that remark.

I realize this is a costly engine option, but it kind of struck me as the "amplifier that goes to 11" on the cool swap chart. Sure you could build a high HP 2-rotor, but this one's a 4-rotor...I just thought I'd throw the info out there in case somebody wanted one.

there have been a few 4 rotors build here in NZ. The first one was (I say was, it has been sold, and I believe it is heading to your part of the world - the US that is, the guy that build the car is now working on new 4 rotary but with less power for a road not road/strip) in a batman RX7. It was NA and made 490HP was road legal and it a 10sec 1/4 there is a video on the web of it going down the local strip. I did think about it for while my Zed = 260z = 2600cc. 4 rotor = 26B (ie 13B x 2) = around 2600cc in rota cc's with out the calculation of 1.6 or whatever the FIA do. Which I thought we very cool.

The 4 rota does not sound too rota like in fact when up on song it sounds like a V10/V12. I did do the costing for this and the engine swap was going to cost $22K USD (this was complete, ECU, Loom, Surge tanks the works) the 4 rota shaft is/was about $5K USD (this is a kit that includes the shaft and custom bolts for holding/putting the thing together etc. So by the time you purchase new 13B parts it was around the $14K USD for the engine.

So I went for a L28 with some work for now. This type of engine would be great in a mid engine kit car/replica = lighter than a V12 but as much power and almost the same sound......Maybe a 787B le mans replica that is road legal...now that would be cool.

How about building one of these and sticking it in a 73 Corvette? This is what GM were going to do when they started working on the Rotary engine (like many car manufactures of the 70's they all purchased the rights to the Rotary design and had a go with only Mazda successful in the market place - and still building them today) and the GM project was a 4 rota too :)

Well that is it form me.

Not that it really matters, but i never go by mazda's displacement rating system for the rotory motors, and most people agree the rating is questionable. But mazda's written the book, therefor they're allow to say what they want. Oh well.

But 7k for a shaft.... ouch. We need some other companies to start making them as well so there's competition. I understand the research that goes into making these, and they've just started selling them, but that's a painful price to pay.

But a NA 4 rotor in a Z, mmm, that'd be nice. Should be reliable and last a long time too.