HybridZ

500Z clutch upgrade

MY77Z

hi guys,

well since i'm having problems with my stock SC/MC setup and my old dual friction clutch, i decided to do a clutch upgrade to my 302 powered Z, knowing that i'll be sprayin a 150HP dry shot.

photos:

DSC00272.jpg

wilwood MC/SC, braided -4AN hose, -4AN fittings.

DSC00273.jpg

7/8 MC

DSC00274.jpg

SC

DSC00275.jpg

-4AN fittings

DSC00318.jpg

RAM powergrip HD clutch kit rated to 600HP

DSC00320.jpg

the whole kit + the pilot bearing

i will start working on the car tomorow, will drop the tranny, install the clutch kit and the wilwood setup. thanks to ThomaZ who gave me all the info needed for the wilwood setup. i've been told the RAM powergrip HD clutch is better then the Centerforce dualfriction one, if anybody has comments/ advices, please dont hesitate, i hope this new clutch upgrade will work well.

thanks

Hmm what is the stroke on that MC? I am setting mine up right now and a 3/4 bore "small master" wasn't anywhere near cutting it for the stock pivot points on a 72 240z. I am working with a 1-1/4 or 1-3/8" now. We shall see... I wanted the full travel a fox w/ T-5 would have so we measured my brothers and are matching it. Will tell on thursday.

Interesting looking clutch plate, looks like it has two thin steel layers riveted together. Which may be designed to give some slip on takeup. Sprung center looks strong too, I like it, a report in due course would be good.

Brian, i'm using a bosch fuel pump that should flow way over 80psi and 30lbs injectors for now, haven't sprayed 150 yet, i only sprayed 75 and everything was ok, next week, i'll spray 150 and see how it goes, if fuel delivery is a problem, i'll go with an Aeromotive A1000 series fuel pump

260DET, you got it right dude, the clutch is desgined to give slip on takeup:) and a report will be posted but i have to break it in frist (500miles) and then, i'll floor it with NOS and see if it's worth the name POWERGRIP HD :)

thanks