HybridZ

260z w/ RB differential options...

streeteg

I have a 260Z with an RB25 motor/ RB20 Trans but the stock diff. The stock diff appears to be leaking (I havent checked it thoroughly yet but there is a small puddle underneath the diff)

I want to replace the diff with an R200 before I start to up the power--- and my question is this---I already have a custom driveshaft for the swap to fit the stock diff and in the differential sticky it notest that you need a longer driveshaft for the r200---Is that the case? Are there any bolt in options for my setup or am I looking at getting another driveshaft?

Also, the car came with an extra differential. The picture is below--- can somebody help me identify what diff it is?

diff.jpg

diff1.jpg

From what Ive read, the real problem with the R180 is that it's an open diff and the spider assembly blows out. Install a PowerBrute LSD and you should be fine. Although it looks like youve got a R200 lying around already so it probably wouldnt hurt to just convert "while youre in there".

- Greg -