HybridZ

My huge radio control project

G.I.jonas

• Administrators

animoticons%2520teo%2520mande%2520(13).gif

OMG!!!! Truly incredible discipline and fab skills involved here.

In looking at these pics, it appears that every single part of this project is scratch built; from the U-jointed axles to even the gears look like they were scratch built!

Are you a machinist? Do you have a mill and lathe at home, or doing this at work?

Nice work…

Incredible!

What kind of welder is your TIG? (i.e. model and manufacturer)

Looing forward to seeing the progress of this sweet project

Thanks, lincoln precision tig 225.

OMG!!!! Truly incredible discipline and fab skills involved here.

In looking at these pics, it appears that every single part of this project is scratch built; from the U-jointed axles to even the gears look like they were scratch built!

Are you a machinist? Do you have a mill and lathe at home, or doing this at work?

Nice work…

Thanks again...I am doing this in my shop,i have a modestly equiped shop,no fancy machinery to speak of exept for my 195? south bend lathe that is crappy but helps on a lot of things.Yes everything is scratch built but not as easily as you think,i will post some pics of my shop and you will understand why i said earlier in the thread that i have 300 hours in so far..its all time and patience,My tig , plasma cutter and bend pak lift are basically my three most valuable items,Most everything else you could find in most automotive shops like mine.

Great looking crawler man. Being an ex-r/c hobbyist and having built my own custom "trevo," (custom flat-pan truggy made with the traxxas Revo suspension) and knowing the amount of time it takes to create a chassis, that's some serious amount of work done.

WOOOOOOOOOW great job, why electric? why not nitro?

Electric motors are ideal for crawlers because they have the same maximum torque throughout their entire powerband unlike nitro engines. Also nitro engines rely on moving air for sufficient cooling. When your crawling and moving no more than 5 mph it is very easy to overheat the engine.