HybridZ

Shopping for fiberglass doors

stony

man, i took my doors appart to look into cutting out the door support (only because im putting a 6 point cage in) and its this huge piece of metal welded to the door. you would have to cut out part of the inside of the door to get to it. i just said screw it and will worry about doing something about it later.

Thats the side impact crashbar. Keeps a car from coming in on you in a side crash...very heavy in most cars and hard to remove without damaging the skin of the door

The doors could be a very high quality with gelcoat inside and out. No problem reinforcing the hinge and latch areas. I wouldn't suggest them for a street car and you might want to check racing regulations prior to going fiberglass. But if are still interested I can probably get them done to your specifications.

The doors could be a very high quality with gelcoat inside and out. No problem reinforcing the hinge and latch areas. I wouldn't suggest them for a street car and you might want to check racing regulations prior to going fiberglass. But if are still interested I can probably get them done to your specifications.

Ok for me gelcoat not necessary. just something with a finish that requires little prep for paint. thick enough so it dosnt tin can, and has metal reinforcements embeded in the FRP for mounting the hinges and other stuff that would crack the fiberglass if it wasnt reinforced. I would also be interested in a hatch. The hatch just needs to be able to be pined on. No lexan installed.

BUT before we get too worked up about another person that can make doors out of frp what price range are we talking about????? Very Interested at this point!!!!!

Oh yea back to my original question. anyone have any doors that are made allready that maybe need some repair work they want to get rid of???? also looking for fenders and a hatch.

I know they are available at retailers... im more looking for cheapo used stuff that people want to get rid of.