HybridZ

LT1 fuel pressure gauge question

I have searched this site and damn near everywhere else and can't find an answer. I am putting a fuel pressure gauge on the engine. Normally these hook up where the shrader valve on the fuel rail is which means if you want to leave it permanently mounted you lose the ability to purge the fuel lines. I am running stainless Corvette quick disconnect lines so I need to be able to purge the lines if I need to remove the fuel lines. Does anyone know of any "tee" fitting that would allow the pressure gauge and the shrader valve to be use at the fuel rail?

What do you mean by purge the lines? The air will work it self out while cranking. I've never had an issue with air in the lines on any car. Vapor lock is a different story though.

Guy

But you have to release the pressure on the lines or the quick disconnect do not want to come off. At least that's what I have found.

But you have to release the pressure on the lines or the quick disconnect do not want to come off. At least that's what I have found.

I've never had that problem either, just sprays a little fuel on your motor(not the best idea I guess). I was just curious by what you ment thats all.

Guy

I've never had that problem either, just sprays a little fuel on your motor(not the best idea I guess). I was just curious by what you ment thats all.

Guy

When I pulled the engine from the Z28 the quick disconnect lines would not come off even using the proper tool until I released the pressure by opening the shadrer valve. Isn't that why its there? If I wasn't using the quick disonnects it wouldn't be an issue. I don't mind a little fuel spraying out, does that with the shrader vavle too.

this is what i found out, just unclip the fuel injector clip, and use the 9volt batery trick. itll spray out anything in there and drop the fuel psi. im sure its the same process as the shrader valve. plus all the fuel gets dump out into the cylinder and not onto the manifold where you have to clean things up. hope that helps because that what i do, i find it easier and less mess.

I have to thank Hybridz archives, I was searching for info on delphi connectors (Thanks Warren) and I think ScottieGNZ posted that webpage.

I hope it works for you.

Glenn

Searching works, but sometimes its like that grade school teacher always told us when we couldn't spell something....look it up! I'm amazed what I find when I'm lsearching for something else.

I ordered one, if Warren and ScottieGNZ posted it, its gotta be good.

I have to thank Hybridz archives, I was searching for info on delphi connectors (Thanks Warren) and I think ScottieGNZ posted that webpage.

I hope it works for you.

Glenn

LOL, speaking of searching. I was just on Ebay looking for air elbows and found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Camaro-Firebird-Trans-Am-LS1-Fuel-Line-Tap-Schrader-Tee_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33553QQihZ009QQitemZ190087853984QQtcZphoto

$5 more than the site you posted!

I was looking at the weatherproof delphi connectors and I came across this?

https://www.casperselectronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=102071&Category_Code=camaro

The part came last night. Only issue is the connection for the sending unit is male, sending unit is also male (I think that's illegal in Georgia), gonna need a female coupler.

The part came last night. Only issue is the connection for the sending unit is male, sending unit is also male (I think that's illegal in Georgia), gonna need a female coupler.

I think two males and one double ended female is illegal in Georgia also.

That is a standard 1/4" flare service "T" found at any HVAC supply house. I pay about $3 wholesale for them. You can get them male/male/female, male/female/female, male/male/male, with or with out schrader cores and depressors.

That is a standard 1/4" flare service "T" found at any HVAC supply house. I pay about $3 wholesale for them. You can get them male/male/female, male/female/female, male/male/male, with or with out schrader cores and depressors.

Yep you're right this is NOT going to work. I need one with a 1/8 NPt female. Unless I can find an adaptor to go from the 1/4 flare to 18 NPT. I may just give up this whole idea.

Any HVAC supply house will have all types of flare and NPT brass fittings and adapters. 1/8. 1/4, 3/8, ect. (except metric). I probably have what you need on my service truck. Refrigeration systems are put together with these fittings and they are designed to work with hundreds of pounds of pressure.

Any HVAC supply house will have all types of flare and NPT brass fittings and adapters. 1/8. 1/4, 3/8, ect. (except metric). I probably have what you need on my service truck. Refrigeration systems are put together with these fittings and they are designed to work with hundreds of pounds of pressure.

Man, this is got totally out of hand. I was reading about putting too much stress on that Schrader valve fitting caused buy too much weight and engine vibration. Even the instructions that came with that adapter shows a hose going from the adapter to the gauge.