HybridZ

Does anyone in SoCal need a small lathe?

lbhsbZ

I hope its OK to post this here because Its not car parts...

I just bought a 10x24 Atlas so I'm selling my little mini-lathe. Its a Cummins 7x12, similar to the Harbor freight mini-lathe but a couple inches longer. The biggest thing you can fit on it is a 5 lug 300ZX hub. I build a spherical bearing suspension setup for my old GTI on it, made numerous spacers, fittings, couplers, pretty much anything. It doesn't take up too much space, and comes in handy all the time.

Here's a picture:

th_kitchen014.jpg

It comes with digital readouts for the cross-slide and compound, a 4" 4 jaw chuck for holding square or odd shaped stock, a 3" 3 jaw chuck, a Quick Change tool post, tailstock, steady rest, carriage rest, a bunch of spare gears, parts, and a little bit of tooling.

These machines have tons of support. Every replacement part and accesory imaginable is available through littlemachineshop.com

There are yahoo groups and several other websites dedicated to these little lathes. They require a bit more attention than a big boy lathe, but its easy. I'd like to get $450 for the whole package, as I have about $700 invested in it. I'm located in LA.

Oh yeah, now I find this after making 8 trips to Compton/Watts in two days to haul back 240s...

Hmmmmmm. My wife would shoot me as the 6" Atlas I have is still packed in the box after the last move... And my eye is on a 12" Atlas in Orange...

Hmmmmmmmmm...