HybridZ

Turning a hose on the interior???

OK, I got my "rust free" donor from Oregon. It is mostly rust free. I am starting to dynamat parts for the car and/or insulate. The problem I have is that there is 30 years of dust or dirt in the car. I have stripped the interior and the dust is a major pain in every nook and cranny.

Would I be completely crazy to just take my pressure washer on its lowest setting and clean the dirt? I figure I could vaccuum excess water out with the shop vac then put it in my garage with my dehumidifier in the car for a couple of day. I then intend to spray some Eastwood rust encapsulator then dynamat.

What do you think? Bad idea or it will work?

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=618

OK, I got my "rust free" donor from Oregon. It is mostly rust free. I am starting to dynamat parts for the car and/or insulate. The problem I have is that there is 30 years of dust or dirt in the car. I have stripped the interior and the dust is a major pain in every nook and cranny.

Would I be completely crazy to just take my pressure washer on its lowest setting and clean the dirt? I figure I could vaccuum excess water out with the shop vac then put it in my garage with my dehumidifier in the car for a couple of day. I then intend to spray some Eastwood rust encapsulator then dynamat.

What do you think? Bad idea or it will work?

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=618

Shouldn't hurt to much. I heard POR-15 worked better if it had a little rust to attach to. Other wise a wire brush should knock it loose.

My neighbor decided to power wash the inside of his Chevy work truck in the middle of our cul de sac. We then had to use leaf blowers and manually disconnect and dry out each and every electrical connectors under his dash before the truck would start again.

I can't believe how complicated the electrical systems have gotten on new vehicles.