HybridZ

Injector Rebuild?

Are there any companies I could send a set of L28 injectors off of my 77 280z and have them rebuilt? The rubber hoses on top of the injectors have started to drip gas, and I dont want to start a fire running the car. I was hoping one of the injector rebuilders would be able to replace the rubber hoses on top of the injectors.

Regards,

Justin

I get my injectors cleaned an plow tested at Witchhunter:

http://www.witchhunter.com/

Gordon does great work, and get them back to you quick. The only thing he doesn't do is install new hoses. You can do this yourself. Just pick up some new injector hose, cut to length, and dip the hose in fuel before pushing it on the injector barb.

Justin;

BRAAP (a supporting member) had me send mine down to a company in Ca. In addition to cleaning they offer other extensivew injector services. I am thrilled with the work they did for me. Contact Paul (BRAAP) for thier address.

Mike HIntz

If you opt to somply replace the hose by yourself, just make sure to use:

1. High pressure fuel injection line

and

2. solid Band style fuel injection hose clamps, not the regular screw/slotted band type hose clamps, OR the double wire type... Parts store should be able to set you straight on what I am talking about, it almost looks like the piece used to secure chain link material to the fenceposts.. like a large C or "Omega" shape that almost comes together in a full circle. (Well, DOES when you clamp it :lol:)

It may not be the hose that is leaking. When these injectors get old, they can start leaking from the week hold in the plastic injector body. You really should spend the $ and get them cleaned and tested.

5/16" EFI hose is close, but the metric hose you can get a tthe dealer fits properly. 5/16" has a slightly smaller inside diameter, and is hard to get on the injector barb.