HybridZ

I have no self control

mobythevan

Well, the wife has had me busy doing construction for the last few months. I haven't been able to do any car work, so what I did was sell off a whole bunch of stuff not car related (street bike, arcade machines, kids etc etc) and used the dollars to pick up a couple more projects. That way when the construction work is finished in the next month I will have plenty to work on.

Anyone is the area have an LS1 or Lt1 for sale?:coollook:

• 1 month later...
Moby, I have a spare LS1 from a 99 SS sitting in my garage just waiting to go into that thing.

Well and that sentence decided this summers main project. Many thanks to Silicone boy, I now have the LS1 in hand and the RX7 is the main focus for this summer.

BTW, probably the funniest quote ever came from my wife yesterday as I just finished pulling the rotary engine.

I ask her: "So what do you think about all of this? (implying the engine swapping/working on cars in general)."

She says: "Its pretty neat to replace such a little thing with such a big thing." :lmao:

I think she was talking about the rotary engine compared to the LS1 engine.

And lastly, I don't want to spill the beans on anything that Silicone boy is working on, but I got to ride in and briefly drive his RX7 project. WOW is all I can say, you will have to prod him for the details though.

EDIT: and don't worry, I plan to power wash the engine bay and do things up a little nicer on this project.

bye_rotary.jpg

engine_bay1.jpg

LS1.jpg

If I used megasquirt I think it would be a bit of unknown territory again, I am tired of experimented with that stuff at the moment so I will just use the factory computer for now. Unless I can easily mount a 36-1 trigger wheel on the LS1 and run wasted spark.

• 2 months later...
On one of the RX7 forums, I posted some photos of the rotary coming out. I titled the thread "Out with the bad". I never got flamed so badly in my life, and I'm afraid to go back to that site.

LOL I don't doubt it. Some of the Dorito-heads are the most closed minded, one branded ppl I have ever seen. Of course they have to worship the 13B to change them out so danged much (when they pop). They are the only guys I have ever seen that ALWAYS have a spare motor in the process of being built, ported, etc. I hate to say it, but 13B's are like turbo Hondas without the reliability.

On a side note (if ya don't flame ME now for my pokes of fun at the Wankle boys' expense), whatcha doing with the trans?