HybridZ

Best LSX swap Gas Mileage???

IMO the T56 is what gives any engine combined with it outstanding gas mileage. I would like to see an LSx mated to a transmission without an overdrive and see what kind of gas mileage it really gets. There are multiple members on this board who have T56's and claim to be getting mid to low 20's with carbed 350's and 383's. Does anyone know what kind of mileage the LSx engines get with the 4L60?

I have had my LS1 240Z on several road trips. My best mileage was 30.5 MPG. The A/C was off as it was cool out. That was a 450 mile trip. I got 27 MPG in another trip with the A/C running and it rained most of the trip.

Oh yeah, I have a heavy foot and tend to travel at about 70-80 MPH on road trips. I bet if I stuck to the speed limit, I could knock down better mileage.

My Z car gets the best mileage of all the cars we own.

06 Infiniti G35X 25MPG Hwy 14MPG city

05 Honda Odessey 26MPG Hwy 16MPG city (wifes car)

70 Datsun 510 (stock L16) 22 Hwy 18 city

Something to remember with mileage on the LSX motors. The LSX motors with MAF's get better mileage than ones with a Speed Density tune. Both of my cars are SD tuned. My 402-RX-7 gets 27 on the highway and the Z is better, I'm thinking around 29. Around town (ofcourse) it drops. A day of road racing (RX-7), I start off with a full tank and then have to add another 5 gallons before the day is over! Then again the cars are toys. I didn't build them for mpg. On a positive note it is amazing the amount of power and mpg these motors get.

Joey