HybridZ

Diff Temp?

Guest djonesv8z

Guest djonesv8z

:icon_frow Hi Guy's, I am new to Hybridz, I have a 1978 280Z with a small block Chevy 350, T-56 Trans. This past winter I bought a Power Brute Limited Slip from Precision Gear, I installed it myself with a little help from a friend, and the Datsun shop manual.I test drove it for the first time today, and while under the car looking for leaks, I noticed the Diff was HOT! not as hot as the engine, but I could not hold my hand on it for any length of time. Anyone now if this is normal?

Thanks, Dave.

It should be hot, you will have friction inside your diff...Just aslong as its not glowing hahaha. Take a sample of your fluid and if it smells burnt then your definitly hot. How long has the fluid been in?? Also check color and rub it in between your fingers its shouldnt be gritty.

Guest djonesv8z

The Fluid is fresh, it only has about 20 miles on it. I will check the fluid for Metal, I may be worried for nothing, I just never noticed a diff that hot before, not that I ever checked it before.