HybridZ

Motor mount help MSA mounts

I used the MSA mounts for my sbc 350 in my 78 280z . After only 8 months and 7 thousand miles the passanger side mount rubber is tearing apart . Id like a tougher mount that will bolt up just like the msa mount so as i dont have to alter my z to much . These are the mounts of course that attach to the block itself .

Do the mounts from JTR mount similar ? I cant move the engine any further back as the HEI distrubitor only clears the fire wall by just under 1/4 inch plus i dont want to have to alter my driveline .

Jason

I dont make to much torque 330 ft lbs to the tires , as for drag racing i get into the pedal about once a month cant afford the gas at only 10 miles to the gallon . Man i just realized i spend 250-300$ a month on gas ouch .

Thanks for the info ill go to the dealership tomorrow .

Jason

Go to summit racing and see if Energy Suspension makes a urethane unit for cheby mounts (most likely yes). they aren't too expensive, and the energy suspension parts have a captive metal interlock that prevents the mount from coming undone should the rubber fail.

I was recently under a Hybrid Z and noticed 'Made in India' on one of the motor mounts.

Now I am not casting aspersions, but I have dealt with stuff my company has sourced there, and for some reason the durometer of the rubber used was not up to spec with the OEM we were knocking off (a competitior) so the Aftermarket stuff we made just tore apart under load.

This may be the case there, I don't know where MSA sources their motor mounts, but for some stuff I go OEM. For the cost of a motor mount, I would probably go OEM, or at least put a limiting chain on the engine to the unit-body. Even with stock OEM Chevy mounts, a good hook can rip a mount in short order. My old 67 Shortbed pickup did it regularly enough that I gave up and just chained the damn thing down in perpituity...

The Urethane Mounts transfer some noise, but in my experience are much more durable, and not nearly as harsh as Solid Aluminim Units.