HybridZ

a/c and p/s with an sr?

Guest filluptieu

Guest filluptieu

I was wondering if anyone has done this in a 240z with a/c and p/s, did you use all the sr components? or the old school 240z components?

well. they'd all be non 240z parts pretty much unless you had a dealer installed ARA AC system installed. if not you'd probably be using a vintagair ac system. 240z's never had power steering. so thats custom. youd use the sr ac and ps pump because the 240z wouldnt have them.

I intend to do AC someday. I don't believe anyone has done it yet. I will likely try to use the SR20 compressor which I have and the rest of the parts from my 280Z. If that won't work, I will probably go vintage air. Right now, I am still insulating my car to keep heat out before trying to put in air. I am using dynamat extreme and the fiberfil sandwiched b/w two layers of aluminum sheeting. I would really like to block the noise and heat.

As far as power steering goes, my question is why? What is your goal for power steering? The engine is behind the front crossmember so there is not much weight on the front end. The steering wheel turns easily. I guess it could turn easier when parallel parking.

Guest filluptieu

okay ps is not really my worry, a/c is considering i live in the south, in texas where it gets pretty damn hot. well i noticed that you can convert the dash to a s13 dash which i am really familiar with considering i owned two. what about the dash underbar? do you remove that from the s13 and put it into the 240z? if so then cant you just use the s13 evap and what not?