HybridZ

SCCA, NHRA , IHRA legal rollcage

I want to put in my own rollcage with one of those Harbor Freight mandrel benders. The main reason is I don't think there is a pre-fabed one that meets both SCCA and NHRA certs.

Soooo... I was wondering if anyone has the rulebook specs for roll cages. SCCA or NHRA ok I am cheap too.

I plan to use seamless tubing .083 ....

Guys with experience putting cages in please chime in with your tips, and "would have should have's"

TIA

This may or may not be any help but......

Down here the road race rules are far more strict then the drag ones. I get the feeling that its the same in the states. I would build my cage to the SCCA rules. Hopefully someone will jump in and correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers

Douglas

Find an old copy of Z-Car Magazine, the issue where they described the cage for an ITS 240Z. It talks about the load paths and the SCCA requirements. A must read if you want to be safe. Since this keeps coming up, I got a copy I would gladly snail mail to somebody with a scanner if they wanted to put it up on the web somewhere where we could all read it. Unfortunately I'm worthless when it comes to PC's....

Dave at Art Morrison told me they didn't have a cage kit for the Z. They did have some for Honda's and Mistubishi's sour.gif go figur...

prices are double for chro-mo, and around half the weight: 140#, $260 vs. 95#, $520.

Katman, I'd appreciate the piece on rollcage design. I'll shoot you an email.