HybridZ

Wheel Opinions Please.....

Which rims/wheels should I buy?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which rims/wheels should I buy?

• Konig Rewind 16x7 all the way around....
    • Rota RB's in 15x7 front and 15x8 rear....
    • Weld Draglites 15x7 front and 15x8 rear....

Hey guys. Next week I think I might finally breakdown and buy some decent rims for the Z. I am torn between....

These:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200106186474&rd=1&rd=1

These:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140116190871

Or these (15x6 front 15x8 rear $600 shipped):

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLD%2D90%2D57038&N=700+4294923105+4294793325+4294906461+4294906458+4294795102+115&autoview=sku

All of them would be used with a 25.5-26" tall tire.

Opinions on just these three rims? I am not interested in any other wheels or sizes other than what I have listed above. Please understand that I respect your opinions, but I have already narrowed down my selections.

Thanks guys!!.

I am not sure what you are trying to show me, but the auction link on the second page of that topic is the same as the link in my initial post. It brings up the same $600 set of 16x8 Rewinds, that's a bit different than $400.

If I missed something, please tell me.

Besides, I really don't like the look of 8" wide wheels up front. I plan to drag race the car in time, although the car is street driven, but I'd prefer if I didn't run a large front rim.

Weld Draglites because you know the people in town are going to know you have something under the hood when they see those rims on your car.:burnout: I've always seen cars/trucks with muscle under the hood sporting those wheels.

Weld Draglites because you know the people in town are going to know you have something under the hood when they see those rims on your car.:burnout: I've always seen cars/trucks with muscle under the hood sporting those wheels.

True, but my 4" cowl and my lopey cam normally gives it away that my little Z anything but stock.

Regardless, I think I will be going with draglites anyway.

before you go 8" wide, you should check my post on the 16x8 sportmax with zero offset. it describes interference areas as well as ideal backspacing.

15x7 rb's with -12 offset would fit perfectly on any Z or ZX. 15x8 with -12 would fit great on Z with coilover suspension. 15x8 zero offset will rub on the rear fenders during corners and bumps (if you run the typical 24.8ish dia tire)....

my preference is RB's 15X7 with -12 offset.... there are some out there... check ebay $440.... personally, i think drag lites have dated styling.... and the rewinds just don't look right in the 16" size...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Project_BBZ DRAG LITES DRAG LITES DRAG LITES DRAG LITES :)

what color your Z is gonna be?

I haven't decided yet. It will be the last thing to do anyway.

I am have a HUGE laundry list yet to do....

Hey guys, I am buying the Draglites BTW.

What lug nuts do I need? Anyone know? I'd prefer just to order them from Summit along with the rims.