HybridZ

How would your car scare a future owner?

280Z Turbo

Well Ill tell you what Bullshit i Dealed with from my previous owner

over $500 in unpaid DMV Fine's No the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ didnt help us with them, He blew up the stock motor and put a 2.6 litre l series in place :|, Egr was broken and a stick was used to plug it, Entire motor had oil starvation problems. was missing on like 2 cylinders. Fuel pump was broken.

Wiring is entirely different story, The stock Radio wiring was destroyed and id probally have to rewire the entire thing. Tires where shitty etc etc

I could go on atleast it was only $500 and it was completely rust free

I got played big time. I was young and foolish. I really hope you guys have better luck.

And remember Check over the car's extensively before you buy them

Yeah, if you had notice all those problems you might have been able to talk him down to a lower price :)

Don't feel bad. $500 isn't bad for a rust free shell. Shoot, it is worth $200 as scrap metal.

The DMV thing sucks though.

ppl would have fun trying to move my seats fwd. they are both bolted directly down, so if your shorter than me, screw off!! and all the random made or found parts to make things work proper. theres nothing wrong, but trying to find replacements would be a bit funny for some stuff. i cant even remeber what for, until something goes wrong.

Not my Z, but I once made an entire Triumph Spitfire fender out of fiberglass and bondo. Painted, it looked great. Just don't check too close with a magnet.......at least the floorboard patches were steel....recycled from a realtor's "house for sale" signs. If you put that car on a lift you could read the phone number from below....

you have to push and hold a button for five seconds before the fuel pump turns on, then you have to flip a switch under the seat to turn on the ignition, THEN you have to turn the key to ign on, then push the starter button under the dash, dont ask me why......

For quick getaways?

Well...

1. I treid to "roll the fenders", that didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.

2. I cut a few wires that didn't seem to do anything, still wondering what they did. :icon11:

3. Anything crossed by the exhaust needs to be accessed after the exhaust is taken out. :mad:

4. To change the clutch you're going to have to remove the whole drivetrane. :icon51:

5. 3/4 of the marker lights are let's say "special". Yes they were rusted to hell, yes the bulb broke off when I needed to replace it, yes I hard soldered in a bulb 3X. Who sells the crappy steel sidemarkers?

#1 really depresses me sometimes especially when one of my drunk friends remarks, "what happened to your fenders?" It's not that bad, just look's bad the closer you get to it. :icon50: