HybridZ

tuners for 280zxs

Stock form is AFM which is horrible. Basically a large door has to open whenever air has to get to the engine.

Do some research and you will find that the boneyard electronics on the 280z and zx'z is inferior and cheaply replaced.

are the 280zxs maf, map, or afm(dont know what this is, probably same as maf).....if they are maf or map are they 0-5v? im gonna try to contact apexi but i just need a simple answer for right now

MAF = Mass Air Flow sensor (aka "hot wire maf). It measures air flow by how much a heated wire is cooled.

MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (measures the pressure / vac of the manifold).

AFM = Air Flow Meter (like LineC said, it uses a flap door connected to a potentiometer to measure air flow).

Some SAFC's will work on AFM's, but since most cars these days use a MAF, most SAFC's are programmed to work w/ a MAF.

If you do decide to go Megasquirt, the Bowling and Grippo company is local to me and maybe you if your from the Hampton Roads area.

Also DIY autotune has everything you need and has a great reputation.

I suggest reading this before you spend anymore money, great reading and this will get you to 350hp and beyond on proven/tested experience.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115904