HybridZ

finally got my intake back

scottyMIz

well it was late by the time i got home and i have the car outside so bare with me. I have to polish everything yet and get the tb mounted but i am really excited i should have the car running by the end of the weekend!!!

i'll post pics of the ic piping when i get it done i am thinking of attaching the bov to the top of the tb since it already has a huge hole in it for some reason.

here is the link to the current post i have on the ic pipes.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=122427

Photo_053007_001.jpg

Photo_053007_002.jpg

Photo_053007_003.jpg

Photo_053007_005.jpg

i really need to buy a good camera :) but there you go in a nutshell i can finally start it!!!!!!!

yea i cut the pieces and mocked everything up, took it to our sister company to tig it all together. i was thinking of finding the stock intakes and doing just that they go for cheap on ebay and i can have em welded or even made to spec i think. There aren't any velocity stacks in mine but i made sure all the ports are polished and very smooth.

You may want to weld a couple of reinforcement braces across the width of the intake to keep it from bowing outward if you intend to throw any significant boost at it.... just something I have seen done to sheet metal intakes.

Regards, mike

I agree with Z-gad becuase I know of 2 people that have sheetmetal intakes made by a supplier that made a good bit. These 2 were put under some heavy boost from what I understand and both popped a weld from the metal bowing. 1/4 does seem thick and might help a lot when it comes to bowing.

yep i want it when will ur parents be back up here? i am making a trip down to ohio this weekend to pick up a vette diff for the z i could get it then. i left u a vm on ur phone.its getting very close, i had it running but not for long i had no map sensor hooked up or anything so it ran like crap :D

yep i want it when will ur parents be back up here? i am making a trip down to ohio this weekend to pick up a vette diff for the z i could get it then. i left u a vm on ur phone.its getting very close, i had it running but not for long i had no map sensor hooked up or anything so it ran like crap :D

Dont know when they will be back up there. If you want to pick it up this weekend that will be cool also. I work on saturday from 8am-3pm. But someone will be at the house. I will call you as soon as I get off of work tonight.

Ha, Yea mine rane like crap with no signal from the maf, but it ran.

you have to take me for a ride in the 300 sometime, i'll just pick it up on the way thru i guess. i might leave early like really early on sat morn so i can get to ohio and back in reasonable time.BBZ is having a lil party type thing on sat so i was thinking that i would stop at his house on the way back and hang out.I'm going thru withdrawl not having a turbo car to drive :D