HybridZ

Helmet Cam

MONZTER

What kind of Helmet Cam?

I bought one of the Oregon Scientific Helmet Cams---it's not exactly a 'lipstick' camera, but it works O.K. for our Bonneville Car.

Always looking for digital motion cameras that I can use to monitor various things during the run...call it a 'visual datalog'...

I bought the 2Gb SD storage chip at Fry's for something like $19, and now I can record 2 hours digitally on the thing. Really disgusting when you consider I paid almost $1500 for my VHS CamCorder in 1985...and this one was a whole $167 + the Memory Chip cost!

What kind of Helmet Cam?

I bought one of the Oregon Scientific Helmet Cams---it's not exactly a 'lipstick' camera, but it works O.K. for our Bonneville Car.

Always looking for digital motion cameras that I can use to monitor various things during the run...call it a 'visual datalog'...

I bought the 2Gb SD storage chip at Fry's for something like $19, and now I can record 2 hours digitally on the thing. Really disgusting when you consider I paid almost $1500 for my VHS CamCorder in 1985...and this one was a whole $167 + the Memory Chip cost!

Hi Tony, You camera sounds pretty cool and simple. The one I got is called a Viosport 3 http://www.viosport.com/ It plugs into a Sony Handycam to capture full 500 lines resolution in DVD quality. It is defiantly more hassle having to run the wires, but the image stabilization built into the camera really helps. I will try it tomorrow on the side of my car. I want to see how the tires roll over in the corners.

Have fun

Jeff

Looks like Cactus at Whiting.

You win the $1.00 prize; Correct. Are you a Mountain Biker? I assume you are since you know the trail. Whitting is our lunch ride loop, great fun for a quick hour ride. My office is 5 min away. Do you also ride in the Cleveland National Forest? What are your favorite trails?

Good talking to ya this weekend

Jeff

Used to ride a lot but starting Betamotorsports pretty much killed all my bike riding time. Now I ride so infrequently its just painful whenever I put my butt on a bike seat. I mostly rode Crystal Cove, Whitting, and Fullerton Loop. Before that I was a Cat 3 road racer. Now I'm just a tubby welder.