HybridZ

For Turbo Appilication LT1 or LS1/LS2?

For Turbo Appilication LT1 or LS1/LS2

I know the LS1 is a better NA engine, but if I want to Turbo one, I know I will need to put forge pistons about (8:5) and larger injectors and tune it. LS1 parts are NOT cheap where as I believe the LT1 will interchange will old SBC. This would allow me to build the LT1 cheaper and hopefully better. Also the LT1 will bolt into my application.

Any info on LT1 Turbos?

Lt1's are def. cheaper to mod, but when you are buying all forged parts anyway you are going to be spending alot of $$$. I dont think the aftermarket following for Lt1's is that great though. Only thing i can think of is its an iron block and could potentially hold more power. I think Ls1 blocks give up about 800hp, but dont quote me on that. I think in the long run you are better off with an LSx motor, its much better than an lt1 in most ways.

The ls1's have better heads and you can use the iron lq blocks for more strength. But I belive the the older sbc stuff has better oil flow. This is stock for stock. Both have there pros and cons. You can overcome either of the two's weekness' when you start building the motor for boost. Most aftermarket parts (pistons, rods,cam) are gonna be around the same price for the two.