HybridZ

To V-band Flange or Not

How does everyone feel about V-band flanging an exhaust system? I really want to V-band flange my exhaust system to make it easier to remove and to swap between set ups. Interchangeable cat and race pipe and to make different catbacks.

is there or should I worry about using too many V-bands? or are they pretty sturdy and can use them sparingly? Of course I will be adding some extra exhaust hangers and supports where I can.

All opinions/explanations/thoughts/comments/concerns are welcome.

Thats all I have on my 4" exhaust. I have a 3" on one of my 3" down pipes, the other is a slip joint, then one 4" after the two 3" DP's merge into the 4" main pipe... I love em, can't beat the ease of install/ removal.

29015443536.jpg

God that's a nice piece of work...That's exactly why I want to get Vband flanges. Where did you pick yours up from? and are they Stainless Steel?

Yes, all stainless. If I remember correctly, I got them from Burns along with all the stainless to build the manifolds.

Burns charges an arm and a leg though, but I can't find a 4" Vband clamp any where else....

I see 3" all the time, even on Egay...

doh...I was hoping you weren't going to say burns... like $90 bucks i believe... I wonder if ross machining has them...

I know alot of the repair centers for transport trucks carry 4 inch and up Vbands. I'd imagine they'd be SS or pretty tough if they are built to go on a Mack Truck. I plan on getting mine at a local carrier truck center. Might be any easy local source, and Im sure they would chuckle when you tell them you need a 4" v-band to go on a 2.6 liter inline 6!

• 2 weeks later...