HybridZ

Another MS-II on the bench...

naviathan

The wife had to work late last night so I sat down from 6:30 to 11:30 and started assembling another MS-II. I'm still a little slow at these. After a few more I'll hopefully get to a point I can slap one together completely within that amount of time. I did spend a bit looking for tools last night too as they tend to make their way off my work bench and into the garage or other areas of the house. Anyhow, here's some stopping point pics...

06-07-07_2337.jpg

06-07-07_2336.jpg

Silver solder is much prettier that the other stuff I was using...:D

HAHAHAHA...DONE!

Ok maybe that was a bit dramatic, but I just finished. We got off work early today, around 2:30PM, got home about 3PM and started on it. I just finished and it's almost 6PM. So 8 hours to completely build an MS-II sans drying time which it's doing right now. Once the alcohol bath dries (I'll leave it for at least a day) it goes completely together and in the case. Yay!

For anyone interested, this one is jumpered for VR, GM IAC, and Direct Ignition Coil with IGBT High Current Driver. It has the PWM Flyback assembly installed and the circuit is there for the Hall/Optical, just not jumpered. Anyone interested? It goes on eBay here real soon. PM me if you need an MS-II, I sell cheap! $375 + Shipping...

Unfortunately I haven't set my DD up with MS yet. That's the whole reason for building these. If I can build enough of them I can make enough money on the side to buy one for myself and all the sensors and a wiring harness. I'm a little curious on the TPS as well though. I would think MS would need a potentiometer type TPS where as the one on the Z is a TVS or Throttle Vane Switch which is only a two position sensor for NA and a single for turbo. NA has a contact for idle and WO and turbo just has an idle contact. Everything else is considered cruising,