HybridZ

mitsubishi hybrid..sort of

G.I.jonas

Hey all.My daily driver for the last 5 years has been my 94 3000gt.I not only love this car but it is the most reliable car i will ever own,despite what some like to say about them.I have put 100,000 miles on the car myself with no more than brake pads and very infrequent oil changes(oh yea tires too).I toyed with the idea for years of converting to vr4,but not only does that make the car borderline exotic but i also have always wondered how fun it would be rwd.I would like to keep it the sort of beater it is but make it more fun without an all out project.My idea came from seeing an awd trans at tiger japanese for like $350 that they say will fit right up to my n/a motor.What im wondering is if you guys see any potential serious problems with eliminating the front drive parts and the center diff(which i think it has with awd) and making myself a rwd 3000gt.I already know it will be loads of fun and i do have plans to someday put a serious engine in it with an rwd setup but that will be when the z is done,this is just something fun for right now,or soon rather.

It may be easier to just fabricate some output shaft block-off plates to cover the CV-axle holes and just be done with it, wouldn't you think? I don't know how integral the center and front diffs are to the operation of that transmission, so from a less headache standpoint, I think I'd be tempted to go the "leave it in and cover it up" route...

I think I'd be tempted to go the "leave it in and cover it up" route...

That is more or less what i was thinking.The only other concern i had was the front hubs.i think rather than run the risk of just pulling the cvs out of the front i would probably just disassemble the shafts and reinsert the outboard splines and axle nut to hold everything together...should be ok i guess?