HybridZ

Here's a hybrid: LS1 civic

auxilary

• Administrators
why didnt he just take the FWD ls1 out of a new impala or monte carlo and have a FWD ls1 powered civic?

Or.. use the FWD LS-x set up out of the Impala, Montecarlo, Bonneville, etc install it behind the driver seat for a mid engine RWD! It would launch hard and might even make for a nasty autocross car.

Along those lines, I have had passing thoughts of taking the 2nd gen Nissan Pulsar, N13 (’87-’90), and installing a FWD VG30 behind the driver seat, sort of a Nissan V6 version of the Toyota MR-2. Or, building a GM version of the SHO-GUN, Geo Metro with a late model caddy V-8 FWD set up in the back seats. Seeing the expressions on near by drivers faces as you pull away from the stop light doing a wheel stand in a Geo metro would be priceless..

Paul, You could do a setup like the durocco...

Just a sirocco with 2 VW fwd drivetrains in it. There was a single shifter hooked to both trannies. It was a manual transmission(s) car as well IIRC.

There were videos of him pulling away from porsches and other FAST cars. He did it with a really low budget and a parts car... :-D

• Administrators

Yeah, someone did the same thing with a Hyundai Tiburon. Twin Motor, both engines turbocharged, car looks bone stock. I first read and saw it in an issue of Sport Compact Car magazine in an ultimate street car shoot out. Just little over 300 wheel hp each, (600 HP total), Wicked quick straight-line, 10.9 ET, around the road course they just drove it grand-dad style as I guess it wasn’t to road race savvy. They also did the absolute COOLEST foggy ever! With one engine in reverse the other in first, and it would just sit there fog all 4 tires and spin in a circle at a high rate of .. uh… I guess it would be called YAW. Any how, it is an AWESOME!

Here is video of that car on the dyno, going down the strip, and doing that most incredible AWD foggy EVER!! Bar none!…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgnCtkrmWUs