HybridZ

help! SK manilfold linkage kit - tripple Dellorots

toecutter

Hi Guys,

I've got some tripple Dellorto DHLA carbs coming soon for my L28. I am looking for a suitable manifold and believe the SK tripple inlet manifold to be OK. Does anybody have experience with this manifold?

The biggest concern is finding a linkage kit for tripples, is there a universal linkage kit to fit the SK manifold?

Thanks,

Sulio

oh and anybody have a link to a site that sells this type of manifold and accessories?

Any triple manifold should work with your carbs. I'm 99% sure they all have the same bolt spacing. I have my Mikunis bolted to a Weber (Cannon) manifold. Linkage is the problem, and I think the solution requires 2 parts. First, use a cable instead of linkage through the firewall. It's easy to do with a little imagination and doesn't bind. I used a Nissan truck cable and modded the pedal and made a cable mount that bolted to the top of the carbs. Second is going to be the linkage from the carbs to the cable. You might have to fabricate this. Hopefully your SK manifold comes with some linkage. If not, you'll need rod ends to hold a chromed rod, lever arms that attach to the rod, and links that attach from the carbs to the lever arms. I think you should be able to find this stuff from a Weber or Mikuni setup and adapt it to yours. I adapted the Mikuni stuff to my Cannon manifold and it wasn't too hard to do.

Before you ask, sorry, no pictures and it's all disassembled right now.

Thanks Jon, we have a local manifold that comes with linkage kit (Redline is the brand) but I've heard the linkage kit is not so good. Hmmm...I ordered the carbs with the ball clip type connection. Will have to have a think about this!?