HybridZ

Should this cooling system work?

Since I am a little stumped as to why my car is running hot I thought I would show a picture of the set up to see what you guys could gather from looking at it. I have a lot of information on what I have checked so far but I wanted to ask if there is anything obvious that would explain why it runs too hot (3/4+ on the stock temp gauge).

17314455492.jpg

17314455475.jpg

17314455474.jpg

How did you bleed that setup? That corrugated hose looks like an air magnet.

- Greg -

I dont think I have bled the system...I have run it until it was warm with the cap off to confirm that the coolant was flowing through the radiator, but I'm not sure what else I could do to bleed it.

THUNDERZ, do you have an idea if the waterpump is rotating the right direction?

and how do you guys bleed the system because i've just finished my cooling system and will start the car tomorow?

Ali,

Yes it is rotating the right direction. BTW your car looks great! any rolling video yet?

With small blocks, I generally just fill it at the intake manifold before I put the thermostat in. Once the intake manifold is topped off, put the thermostat and housing on and top up the radiator and overflow bottle. Fire it up and run it around a bit till its hot and then shut it off and let it cool. As it cools, it will suck water out of the bottle until the system is full. I've never had any problems doing it like this.

Ali,

Yes it is rotating the right direction. BTW your car looks great! any rolling video yet?

thanks :mrgreen: well i''ve just installed new aluminum rad, waterpump and t-stat, i'll have to wire the Efan and the car should be ready within one or two days.

It's a little hard to tell but looks like you have a narrower than stock radiator which leaves a gap at least on the left side (cant see the right side) between the side of the radiator and the core support. This allows recirculation of hot air right around back into the inlet of the radiator. Might try to block it off with cardboard and ductape as an experiment to see if that helps then if so fab a more durable solution.

Cameron

It's a little hard to tell but looks like you have a narrower than stock radiator which leaves a gap at least on the left side (cant see the right side) between the side of the radiator and the core support. This allows recirculation of hot air right around back into the inlet of the radiator. Might try to block it off with cardboard and ductape as an experiment to see if that helps then if so fab a more durable solution.

Cameron

Thanks... Good Point