HybridZ

calling all sr20det owners

zcarguy07

to be honest i dont know exactly what engine would be best for my 240z,so im just doing my homework and alot of reading.what do you do when you need a replacement part for the sr20det?does anybody know what kind of quarter mile times you would get from 400 rwhp from an sr20det? and is 400 rwhp on that motor still a good daily driver in a hot climate? and besides the wiring and plumbing,what is the hardest part of the swap? i know where i can find the motor mounts,but how hard is it to fabricate a trans mount? anything will help guys.thanks....jake...

to be honest i dont know exactly what engine would be best for my 240z,so im just doing my homework and alot of reading.what do you do when you need a replacement part for the sr20det?does anybody know what kind of quarter mile times you would get from 400 rwhp from an sr20det? and is 400 rwhp on that motor still a good daily driver in a hot climate? and besides the wiring and plumbing,what is the hardest part of the swap? i know where i can find the motor mounts,but how hard is it to fabricate a trans mount? anything will help guys.thanks....jake...

I get my replacement parts at the pick and pull or the local auto store. The starter, I had to get from Venus Auto. 400hp at the crank translates to 10's in a 2500 lb car. You need to add a driver, but you also need to add some horsepower since you are talking rwhp. So a 10 sec daily.

Yes, mine is a good daily driver. It is crap in the rain though. I only daily mine at 18 psi with an initial spike to 20 psi. To get 400 hp, you probably need 23 psi. I also don't have cams so I estimate 350-360 rwhp. It is hot without AC, but I found the heat was coming from the shifter hole which I have sealed, so it is not bad. Vildini sells motor mounts.

• 2 months later...