HybridZ

How I got 10 more mpg....

nakagusukumike

By plugging the hole in my mechanical fuel pump and keeping gas from pissing out of it. That could have been bad. Was wondering why there was so much "oil" on the windshield and the oil wasn't going down too bad?? :rolleyesg

Little faster now that it's getting all the gas :wink:

Hopefully this is the last amount of work that I have to do to my car before it gets loaded into the container in a few weeks and shipped back home.... to JAPAN!! :-) :-)

With a screen name like nakagusukumike, are you going home Okinawa, or other island?

I spent many a day flying and drifting up the road to the top of the hill where Nakagusuku was, and down the other side to Goya Tunings little Dyno Shop...and then down the highway to the Scrap Yards where engines were sold by wieght, and not avarice! LOL

On the Gasoline Note, if you are pissing fuel out the weep hole, your diaphragm is torn, REPLACE THE PUMP! I almost lost my VW to a torn diaphragm, don't loose your ride for similar issues! That diaphragm will continue leaking, and the gas will force it's way somewhere it's not supposed to be---usually with catastrophic consequences!

With a screen name like nakagusukumike, are you going home Okinawa, or other island?

I spent many a day flying and drifting up the road to the top of the hill where Nakagusuku was, and down the other side to Goya Tunings little Dyno Shop...and then down the highway to the Scrap Yards where engines were sold by wieght, and not avarice! LOL

On the Gasoline Note, if you are pissing fuel out the weep hole, your diaphragm is torn, REPLACE THE PUMP! I almost lost my VW to a torn diaphragm, don't loose your ride for similar issues! That diaphragm will continue leaking, and the gas will force it's way somewhere it's not supposed to be---usually with catastrophic consequences!

Yup... back to Okinawa. and i'm not replacing anything on the car till I get to Japan and yank the L26 out of it :-) I lived on that street. route 35. where the landslide was a few years ago. right at the top where the little town center (er... old oji sans get drunk in)...

Home sweet home.

I don't think it will blow up in the next 3 weeks. :rolleyesg

hope not at least.