HybridZ

need help with rims!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I know yall have heard this one time and time again but ive been searching and searching and still ended up with nada! Im wanting to go 17's all the way around with 9" up front and 11" in the back or maybe 10". My choices have been pretty limited with rims, for one i know i do not want to go with the honda/adaptor.

So that pretty much means custom rims is the way to go. Kinesis k5's=4000 w/tires, HRE 345's 2600w/o tires. Now they make the American Racing Torq Thrust II in custom offsets.

Called salesco.org they said they could do it for a 72, but then called discount tire they say it CANT be done because there wont be any thing left over?? (apparently they called american racing direct)

im stuck in a grind here and need some help!!

Any recomendations on wheel manufacturers, or just the rims will be greatly appreciated

thanks,

franklin

p.s. need something to clear the god forsaken 4x4 brakes

Guest comeandzpa

Nemeziz, who is ccw? california chrome? also, are there any other componies that make to order? I am looking into getting new wheels, but I have very little money so a conversion wont work, and the only wheels made specifically for Z's cost way too much.....

Centerline makes dual pattern wheels 4 on 4 or 4 on 4.5 that bolt right on a Z. I put 16x7 on my car at $150 each from Summit Racing. I think 8" wide is as far as they will go with the 4 lug setup however, but somebody else had posted a company that would go as wide as 12" for a 4 lug setup, I just can't remember who it was...

Guest comeandzpa

John,

I tried to use your CCW link, but I couldnt find a way to look at their styles/prices etc. Do I have to email them for this, or did I miss something?

CCW doesn't have much of a web site. You have to look at the Viper and Corvette photos. John only sells one style. You can also see them on the first Z in Nemeziz post above.

FYI... I was talking with John at CCW today. He is only making 17" and 18" wheels with .220 wall rim halves. Figure about 18 lbs. for a 17 x 10 wheel.

Guest 400 ci 280z

i have stock suspension and was wondering what the widest wheels i could fit on my 280?i want 15 or 16 inch rims and was hoping to fit like a 9 inch wheel in there. also i will be putting flares on(most likely VB metal flares but dont know how wide those are). what kind of back spacing do i need and what size tire? thanks

compomotive has wheels for your z [mine is the white 240 below your 1st post] in widths from 6-14" on a 16 or 17" wheel. mine are a 17x8.5" and i'm running coilovers-still have about an inch total clearance for [someday] wider tires. they have all the specs for the 240's as we spent quite a bit of time measuring and fitting prior to making the wheels.

www.usacomp.com

No way, those are 8.5" wheels?? Under a stock fender, with an extra inch of clearance? How is this possible? I have to wonder what size tires are on those wheels, and if they're easy or tough to find... How much did you pay for the Compomotive wheels, and how long did it take to make them?

Sorry for all the questions.. but wow, it's exciting ;)

No way, those are 8.5" wheels?? Under a stock fender, with an extra inch of clearance? How is this possible? I have to wonder what size tires are on those wheels, and if they're easy or tough to find... How much did you pay for the Compomotive wheels, and how long did it take to make them?

Sorry for all the questions.. but wow, it's exciting ;)