HybridZ

Damn This Is Bad Ass

Corzette

• Administrators

This “$#!@” of a “$@&^” is “$^&!*" biting “*#&$%” ombrello.gifmannagg.gif …and add a few other colorful metaphors. noway.gif

Not fair. Terry posts a video with a car that has a HybridZ plate, the subject line says it all, and I have to wait till tomorrow AM before I can see it!!!! Our darn satellite is on the fritz right now, windows.gif(DIRECWAY SUCKS!! This happens on occasion for 24 hour stints), so I’m stuck with Dial up at 26.4 Kbps connection speed, till tomorrow AM!!!!

Larry,

Is the rain affecting you in any way? I’m hearing it should let up for the 4th.

This “$#!@” of a “$@&^” is “$^&!*" biting “*#&$%ombrello.gifmannagg.gif …and add a few other colorful metaphors. noway.gif

Larry,

Yes it's Northern TX. getting the break, the low pressure area is now moving slowly back Southwest right over us in West Central TX. We have flash flood watches thru July 4 in the region...The locals have never seen this cool of a May thru July period. Not one 100 degree day yet and few in the 90's. It's 79 degrees out at 1:00 PM...:2thumbs:

LARRY

Cool and Terry it's still raining in TX. WITH NO END IN SIGHT....:eek:

LARRY

Damn LArry, I hope my house doesnt flood!! That would be my luck! The weeds will take over the city if it doesnt stop!!! (hmmm transformer weeds?)

TErry

This “$#!@†of a “$@&^†is “$^&!*" biting “*#&$%†ombrello.gifmannagg.gif …and add a few other colorful metaphors. noway.gif

Not fair. Terry posts a video with a car that has a HybridZ plate, the subject line says it all, and I have to wait till tomorrow AM before I can see it!!!! Our darn satellite is on the fritz right now, windows.gif(DIRECWAY SUCKS!! This happens on occasion for 24 hour stints), so I’m stuck with Dial up at 26.4 Kbps connection speed, till tomorrow AM!!!!

Larry,

Paul, hahaha....Im still laughing...hopefully you can view soon...my internet service sux too!:mrgreen:

" From: redruM0381

V8 Powered Datsun 240z in LFS.. How could this be? (This vid was recorded in Sept. 2003) "

Cool video.

The plate does say HYBRIDZ. So who is redruM0381.

( haha used the search) same username.

?? do you have a wheel? try the latest version?

LFS by far is the highest tech racing simulator available. Most of the physics in other sims, GT Legends, are "canned". and are not truley mathematically dynamic like LFS. Not that its necissarly bad to have canned physics, its just more arcadish imo.

LFS uses COMPLETE dynamically calculated physics.. EVERYWHERE... nothing is canned. Even the engine sound is fully synthesized, rather than recorded wav files. Dont get me wrong, GT Legends, GTR, etc sounds great. However LFS calculates the sound dynamically for the type of engine, and potentially in the future, change the sound for different components ie. bigger cam, you can hear more lope.

There are hacks avaiable (one in which, LFSTweak, I authored) that allow you to change any variable in the car, or engine. Basically allowing you to design your own car. After changing the engine/chassis, you can hear the difference, and feel the difference just like real car. In fact I have a V8 240z in LFS with about 400hp (body shape too, I can show screenshots/vid later) :)

I build the engine like a Z engine, and it automatically sounds suprisingly similar to the real deal.

The physics are so detailed that you can accually SEE the tires flex under different lateral or vertical loads. Decrease the tire pressure, and you can see the rim damn near touch the ground around corners. Not just feel it.

It also dynamically calculates the rubber thickness on the tire surface... so you lock up the tires, you can accually flatspot the tires, and feel/see it. Underinflate the tires, and the EDGES get worn, like they should.. overinflate, and the center wears faster. Its amazing how much this game calculates in REALTIME.

Another thing to keep in mind is LFS is still under HEAVY development. the damage model is young, and not accurate. Tire grip still needs a little work.

Most people complain of the slippery tires. I accually feel they ARE accurate, its just that you cant get that "seat of your pants" feel like real driving.. Also the perception of speed is CORRECTLY slower than other games. So you have a dendency to enter a corner waaaaay too fast, mashing the brakes and either sliding into the wall, or mashing the gas and spinning out... Very frustrating to noobs

Other sims are great too, and fun, but LFS has sooooo much more potential that other sims dont have.

Im done, Have fun :D

• Administrators

Ok, satelite is back, for now anyway.

That was cool. Noticed a couple things that were pretty cool. Tire smoke on occasion indicates an open diff, looks like it has bit of rear brake bias, (puckering up on a couple of the corner entries) Overall, much like a lot of our own street driven HybridZ. I love the power brake foggy at the end..