HybridZ

wich turbo??

SR_man_49

ok im having a little trouble deciding what turbo i should use for my L28ET. I've got 2 of them in mind. but i dont know much about turbos so i need a little help. one is a plain stock T3, the other is a T3/T40B. wich one should i go with?? im looking at performance/ spool time/ etc.

thanks

I vote Holset HY35W.

good spool, flows better, more durable turbo than T3 series turbos.

Spend some time searching in the turbo/supercharger section.

Also get the corky bell book "Maximum boost". Will help introduce you to turbos...

well im getting one of the turbos tonight. both are the same price and in the same good condition. i was just trying to figure out which of the two is better for the L28?

There are a lot of posts about turbos on this site.

You must say what your goals are - HP/Torque wise, along with how quick you want it to respond (note: the higher the HP goal the less tip in response you will get), and what else you plan to do to the car.

Do a search....

Guest TeamNissan

If your getting one of them tonight like as in you have to then the T3/T40B of course. I agree with OTM though the holset is better and in the same price range.

I just got a HY35W off of Ebay and I could not believe the number of good HY35Ws that had a starting bid of 150.00 dollars, that went unsold!!! If you want more info on these turbos check out the cummins and dodge ram websites. Alot of civics, dsm and even supra guys are using and loving these turbos!!

well i did a little research and the T3/T04B is suppose to be good for about 450hp wich is more then my goal. my goal is about 300hp for now. i got the turbo for about $80 from a honda guy that had no use for it. it doesnt have shaft play but the blade fins are a little chewed. ( didnt notice until after the buy ). i dont think it will be much of an issue but what do you guys think?

100_0226.jpg

I didnt mean to sound like i was in a hurry to buy the turbo. its just if i didnt buy it now. i wont have the money for it later.

thanks,

For 80 bucks I would run it, But I have 4 or so spare motors.. I bet it will spool fine but, I would'nt be putting lots of money on it to last for too long...btw I got my 2 holsets, one new and one w 35k for less than 400 bones each.... you will love the power for money, no doubt.

I don't know what wheel it is but it's not a T4. You can measure the wheel to be sure. Without knowing what wheel is in it you don't know the flow capabilty of it. Could be smaller than the stock Z wheel. Even if it were a T3/4, there is more to it than that.