HybridZ

Ebay copper head gasket??

OlderThanMe

Here is a copper head gasket that is available in 1mm and 2mm thicknesses. I haven't seen this kind of HG for sale before. Is there an advantage of using copper over an HKS style metal head gasket?

How many times can a copper head gasket be torqued? Soft copper deforms fairly easily so that makes me think it can be used once or twice.

Price is $186...eh.

How would this do on a high compression or turbo L6?

~Dan~

the copper HG is a good way to go if you are building an all out race engine. I have checked in to these HG's and found that they are not practical for a street engine and to stick with a stock or comparable HG. My info came from the manufacturers, and people i know in the area who race and tear their engines down after each pass

I knew a guy who used a copper HG on his BSA motorcycle. He was having trouble with it because I think the head wasn't flat (been a few years, but I'm pretty sure that was the problem) so it kept leaking at the headgasket. He would clean it and then re-anneal it, which was basically getting it really hot with a MAPP gas torch, and reinstall it. Once he finally got the surfaces machined flat he didn't have any more problems. I think I'd rather go with the HKS style if you wanted a metal headgasket, but the copper does work.