HybridZ

New car, No angry clown shoe, 350z, or z06...

Thumper

nice car, and i'm sure you'll have fun with it! please do the right thing to the car and put the hsv kit on it

http://www.wholesalesuspension.com.au/pics/gallery/gto3.jpg

the pontiac ve commodore front doesn't look to bad, but that pontiac front on the monaro makes me wanna :puke:

or is it just a case of what i'm used to, and to people who are used to the american front it actually looks nicer?

Ooh, that could've been the Judge!!!

Only problem on the Monaro's is the grill, not quite right.

hsvcoupe403.jpg

there's a whole bunch of different front ends you could definately modify to suit but alot have different headlights and i'm not sure how the bonnet would fit on etc

and yes, the hsv peices of plastic are very ricey compared to a stock monaro front lol

• 2 weeks later...
Nice car, a freind of mine has a GTO. I helped him do some audio installation. Very nice, well built car.

I would buy one.

BTW, this is Evan with the green 95' 240sx.

Yes it is a very sound car. So far my only problems have been warped brakes (bought like that), and clutch pedal gets soft after a fair amount of spirited driving. I've read the latter can be fixed by bleeding the system. I just did a few bolt on's and quick tune and its got 360hp and 360lb-tq. Sure its moving 3600lbs but its still fun. How is the 240sx running? The fans still sound like a couple of air planes taxing around?:mrgreen:

Actually on a whim I pulled a fuse for one of them.

Yeah it still sounds like a jet, but less than half as annoying. I can't hear the fans light off on the highway with the windows up anymore! lol.

Car is running alright, have done more street tuning but there is something else wrong and I can't quite figure it out. I had the air fuel dialed in pretty well but it changes too much with weather.

There may be too much turbulence with the maf where it is located also.

Take it easy man. I take it you smashed the 350z? Ill have to search.

Evan

I think the new GTO is one of my favorite GM cars ever built. But I hate that it's called a GTO. I mean, A: it's not even american and B: it just don't look like what you expect a new GTO to look like.

The way I feel about it, is that if they'd marketed it as a NEW muscle car all together and really capitalized on the sleeper aspect it could have been a huge success.

When they were going out of production the local GM dealer had one with about 200 miles stickered at 25k. I was shocked and started looking at it, as it was just sitting at the front of the lot in the driveway. Within 15 minutes and about 10 words being spoken the nosey salesman offered a 19k price....

And I'm just a kid looking at a car...

They couldn't GIVE those cars away, and they're stunning vehicles.

Congrats thumper. You've cashed in on the biggest mistake the market has ever made.