HybridZ

New car, No angry clown shoe, 350z, or z06...

Thumper

Its a GOAT!!! :mrgreen: Well I was driving to work and I passed a dealership and naturally I started to look at the used cars they had for sale. What do I happen to notice a silver gto. Turns out to be very nice but overly priced GTO. So I decided to do some research and found out that I could save 7k buy getting a GTO that has more power, 3yrs newer, 30k miles less, a back seat, and much more luxious (in my opinion). So my quest was started. Three days later I found my new car.

Its a 05' Gto 6.0 with 27k miles on it. It's black with black leather interior 6spd manual. This is my second v8 car. The last one was 5yrs ago and it was a stock 90' mustang gt. The three things I like the most about this car are the power (ls2 is very nice), looks, and the tall ass gearing. (46mph, 68mph, 100mph, 144mph, 172mph, 200mph+)

The three things I dislike about the gto are:

#1 WEIGHT this porker is 3725lbs stock. It doesn't feel like its that heavy due to the power, suspension, and brakes but it is heavy.(i'm working on it)

#2 The steering wheel. It looks like it came out of a caravan.

#3 The key. The key is the size of a pinto or bigger.

Other than that i'm loving it. Got some mods on the way nothing crazy just freeing up some tq. I've owned it for 2 days and already put 300 miles on her. Any other GTO owners out there? Now that I got my DD i'll be focusing on my next project real soon or later:fmad:.

100_0058.jpg

100_0059.jpg

100_0057.jpg

100_00603.jpg

100_0061.jpg

100_0062.jpg

• Administrators
Its a GOAT!!! :mrgreen: ......

The three things I dislike about the gto are:

#1 WEIGHT this porker is 3725lbs stock. It doesn't feel like its that heavy due to the power, suspension, and brakes but it is heavy.(i'm working on it)

#2 The steering wheel. It looks like it came out of a caravan.

#3 The key. The key is the size of a pinto or bigger.

Very cool nice ride..

So.. are you planning to fix that list of “don’t likes” be swapping a different body around the LS.. maybe an S-30 body for example?.. J/K Nice ride…

mason4300

I don't know why so many people didn't like it. Hell, it looks way better than any other car Pontiac made when it was out. Looks like fun.

This style GTO is a nice car, there`s no argument about that. The problem was failed marketing. At the time GM discontinued the camaro and firebird saying the rear wheel drive V8 market is no longer profitable. Then in the same breath anounced the holden rebaged as the GTO.

And that`s where they made thier mistake. It would have sold if the had left the name as the holden or gave it a completly new name. But it was arogance to think the american public would accept a rebadged car on a name that is so ingraned in the american automotive culture.

In essence GM insulted our inteligence (sp) yet again, by thinking we`ll buy a car solely on a name rather than relying on the car to sell it`s self.

The downfall of the holden/GTO car is in my opinion are 2 things. The bland style (it looks like a bigger grand am to me) and of course the GTO name which was the emotional death nail for the cars marketing. Everything else is great the drivetrain, power,comfort all top notch stuff. I think this car will be strong in the used car market as there`s alot of potental there!

Mark

a ford dealer near me has an 06 in all black with every option, just sitting on the showroom with 1.3 miles last time i checked, they still want $34k, then some rich dumba** will come in looking for a new ford GT see that, then buy it, then be converted to chevy, so he will go out and buy a new ZO6. kill himself in the ZO6, then his wife will keep the car in the garage for another 20 years saying that it means so much to her, then she will sell it for about teh same price he bought it for..

It would have sold if the had left the name as the holden or gave it a completly new name. But it was arogance to think the american public would accept a rebadged car on a name that is so ingraned in the american automotive culture.

I agree 100%. It's a nice car, but it was a sin to call it a GTO. I suggest rebadging it as a Holden ;)

But if you really like the car that's all that matters!

- Greg -

If your interested this is what top gear's jeremy clarkson thought of it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pBAdmfq6sRk

Great comments

"the rotary car"

"think of it as a triumph of torque over intelligence"

"a jaguar xkr thats drunk"

"meat and pie engineering"

Any way mate, enjoy the car (and don't take any notice of me thinking your now a bogan/beven)

nice car, and i'm sure you'll have fun with it! please do the right thing to the car and put the hsv kit on it

http://www.wholesalesuspension.com.au/pics/gallery/gto3.jpg

the pontiac ve commodore front doesn't look to bad, but that pontiac front on the monaro makes me wanna :puke:

or is it just a case of what i'm used to, and to people who are used to the american front it actually looks nicer?