HybridZ

Does anyone know what this is??

abes

I got my rb25det about two weeks ago and I havent had a chance to start messing with it yet. I was looking at it today and remembered about the sticker it had on the timing cover. I had asked the guy at shop I bought it from and he said it had to do with emissions. Ive looked at some of the pics here on the forum & i have yet to see an rb with one on it. He told me that the motor had 40k-50k miles, but the sticker says something in japanese and 100,000km on it so i'am a little concerned.If you guys know what it is please fill me in. Thanks

DSC02251_thumb.JPG

DSC02249_thumb.JPG

My understanding of that sticker means the belt was changed at 100,000 kilometers or about 60,000 miles.

I had the timing belt on my former 300ZXtt changed at the Nissan dealership a few years ago. They put a sticker on the door jamb indicating it was replaced at 70,500 miles.

Your motor may have 60,000 miles plus on it. Just my opinion on that though.

Do you guys think I should be concerned w/ the mileage if that holds true? I still have a few days left on the 30 day warr. & they are local. I plan on replacing the usual oil/water pump, t belt/tensioners, etc.

No need to worry hook it up check the comp ratio on all cylinder and and change ALL fluids and a new timing belt ,and a new head gasket . Those engines are pretty stout if well maintained , if one of the cyl. is not compressing in the FSM specs open up and rebuild it .

All you need to do is give power to the Starter and jump the two terminals on the starter with a screwdriver. Im not saying this is the safest way to do it but it is the quickest, just be careful doing it, dont place the battery near the starter either because it will spark when you jump the terminals. Have a buddy hold the compression gauge for ya and crank the engine over about 6 times per cylinder you test. Remove all spark plugs aswell, im sure they are crap anyways if they came with the motor. Read the gauge and make sure they are within 10-20 psi of each other. AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE OIL IN THE ENGINE. starting is the hardest part on a motor. It would also be a smart idea to test the piston rings, head gasket, and valves by doing a cylinder leak down test.

Yes that is the only way.

unless you're REALLY creative. LOL, and not to mention daring / stupid. depending on how well you are at being creative.

:mrgreen:

example, i've seen someone start an engine with a steering wheel, 3 bolts, and some muscle on an engine support made of an old semi-complete rollcage that had rusted to hell.

example, i've seen someone start an engine with a steering wheel, 3 bolts, and some muscle on an engine support made of an old semi-complete rollcage that had rusted to hell.

:windows: Did I read that right??? No wonder there is the Darwin awards...