HybridZ

Seats: shophyperformance

Hailstorm

has anyone had any luck installing seats from this shop? if so which ones and how did you make it fit?

I'm looking at these two:

http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/001300.html

and

http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/001177.html

mostly what I'm worried about is the dimensions and how high up it'll put me. (6'4") I have absolutely no problems with reclining back a little, I dont need to be sitting up like a straightedge to perform well.

IF someone has the time/ability to determine if itll fit or what kind of modifications I'll have to do to make it work, that would be just great.

Or if you have suggestions for a similar grey on black (mostly grey) cool-looking seat like these, I am wide open to suggestions.

has anyone had any luck installing seats from this shop? if so which ones and how did you make it fit?

I'm looking at these two:

http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/001300.html

and

http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/001177.html

mostly what I'm worried about is the dimensions and how high up it'll put me. (6'4") I have absolutely no problems with reclining back a little, I dont need to be sitting up like a straightedge to perform well.

IF someone has the time/ability to determine if itll fit or what kind of modifications I'll have to do to make it work, that would be just great.

Or if you have suggestions for a similar grey on black (mostly grey) cool-looking seat like these, I am wide open to suggestions.

I have personally gone through this delema myself and I'm only 5' 11". What I discovered and what seems to be the most important issue is the design of the seat....let me explain. Many of the aftermarket seats have a shell that supports the seat cuchions. This style seat, if mounted to the stock seat mounts (240, 260, 280) will raise you up and inch or more, depending if you install sliders or not. However, seats that have a similar design to stock seats, actual butt cushions that are suspended via straps, allow you to sit lower. A couple of seats you may want to look at are the entry level race seats by either SPARCO or MOMO. They are priced at around $200.00 each and are fixed (do not recline). I have the SPARCO "Sprint" seats in my 240, without any sliders, mouted directly to the stock seat mounting locations and have more than sufficient head room....even with a helmet on. Hope this info helps some!

it does 2126, but I really can't stand the look of those fixed-fit seats. I actually truth be told cannot stand the feel of them either, so I am forced by my own prerogative to get adjustable ones. Anyways, thanks for the input and such, and I'm going to be ordering those seats, but from a different site because shophyperformance.com doesnt ship those until the 25th, and I wanna DRIFT BABY!!! vroom!

I will keep you posted on the fit and such of the matrix seats, and I'll post any pics of stuff I have to fab to make it fit if anything...

All you big people in Z cars!!!! One of the reasons I love the car so much is because it fits me, I am only 5'8" (maybe 8 1/2" on a good day) IE, sized about the same as your average Japanese man.

The Z is one of the few things that make being somewhat short a good thing :mrgreen:

well so far, the service from them has really sucked. There is no UPS tracking number from them, their mailbox is full, and no one answers the phone.

On the online tracking page they have, all it said for about a week was "pending" then one night, without any notification, it said intransit.

Is it just me, or do a lot of people hate being held in the dark like this?

anyways, I'm looking forward to getting the seats in sometime soon, and I"ll let everyone know how they fit.

I got the http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/001300.html model seats by the way.

more to come soon

I have a set of Tenzo R seats that are exactly the same as the 1's you bought. I used the factory brackets and a little work and they bolted right up. only thing is. I am 5'9" so for me they are great but they did raise the seat height about an inch.

You could make some custom brackets very easily and get rid of the sliders, ie fixed mounting position and they would be about as low as the oe seats or 1/2" lower.

good luck

peace

thanks tony c that really does help now I know it'll fit inside the car. My main concern was just fitting it in so it wouldnt hit the door or window. Now that's out of the way, fabbing up a new mounting bracket shouldnt be too hard.

heck, I might even just remove the old seat mounts, and make some new ones thatll be easier to access. it would make more sense for me because the driver's front mount is badly cracked along the old screw hole. I like the idea of sliders, so I'm going to try to get that to work along with it.

I will keep you updated with what I end up fabbing to make the seats fit, and installation progress.

thanks

alright well update:

Figures, after reading several reports of "DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY SUCK BAWLZ!" I think I'm going to have to say the same

They shipped the wrong thing to me :( I wanted the matrix seats I listed above, but instead they shipped the other one, only it's a different brand. I actually can't even find teh color combination of the specific seat they sent me.

I'm not going to bother sending it back or trying to get a refund, because they're incredibly comfortable, and the right colors, but for the money I spent and amount of times I tried to get through to them, this company is not something you want to deal with.

Sure they have really good prices, but it will take like a month to get your seats, and for me I needed them to start up finishing work on my 240

Ah well, ♥♥♥♥ happens, and time passes.. so I move on

These will not fit with the stock seat brackets.

I am going to have to install my own brackets lower, because my head hits the roof (6'4") SO I will make a drawing of what I make so that other people can make them too... I believe most seats now have the same exact hole-alignment for mounting

anyways, I'll keep updating as I get further into the project

• 2 weeks later...

alright everyone, I finally got the seats

... DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY... I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH...

They sent me the wrong seats. I file a complaint with the BBB of ontario canada about them.. Their real name is Dayal Corp.

ANyways, I'm not going to bother sending them back, because the ones I got were the same colors, and are comfortable all the same...

I fit them in the car, and mounted them. I had to use a cutoff wheel to remove the old mounts. That was a huge pain, but got it done nonetheless. ANyways, drilled the holes to mount them straight to the floor pan, and they're fine sitting there. Theres no chance they'll fall out of the bottom or bend the floor pan, it's spread out too much.

So I have about a 6" head clearance. I'm 6'4", so that's a really nice thing to have. With the seats mounted straight to the floor, I also have the sliders installed. The only thing that sucks is that I have little or no room to use the seat recliner lever normally, it can be done to recline it, it's just a pain to reach.

If anyone needs help installing seats like these, let me know or PM me and I"d be glad to help you out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest muaddib

I found this forum, as I searched for a competitor to the ShopHyperformance folks for some parts. I registered so I could echo the cautionary notes you shared regarding their (Shopyperformance) service. They don't update their shipping status, and take forever to send anything. I waited over 20 days for a delivery that they charged me to ship 5-10 days. The parts did finally come, but only after I went through five hassle emails and a submission to the BBB. They really are a lousy company. Buying from them only takes business away from companies that care more about customer care. I hardly ever complain about stuff like this, but when a company is this poor, its worth the effort.

Thanks for listening.

• 1 month later...
Guest Wayne.Lockman

I've been waiting six months now .....agreed to change seat types 3 times, finally got seats, wrong ones and badly damaged, returned them and now waiting again...any idea who I can complain to to get my money back? They charged my credit card LAST SEPTEMBER!

alright well update:

Figures, after reading several reports of "DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY SUCK BAWLZ!" I think I'm going to have to say the same

They shipped the wrong thing to me :( I wanted the matrix seats I listed above, but instead they shipped the other one, only it's a different brand. I actually can't even find teh color combination of the specific seat they sent me.

I'm not going to bother sending it back or trying to get a refund, because they're incredibly comfortable, and the right colors, but for the money I spent and amount of times I tried to get through to them, this company is not something you want to deal with.

Sure they have really good prices, but it will take like a month to get your seats, and for me I needed them to start up finishing work on my 240

Ah well, ♥♥♥♥ happens, and time passes.. so I move on

These will not fit with the stock seat brackets.

I am going to have to install my own brackets lower, because my head hits the roof (6'4") SO I will make a drawing of what I make so that other people can make them too... I believe most seats now have the same exact hole-alignment for mounting

anyways, I'll keep updating as I get further into the project

I've been waiting six months now .....agreed to change seat types 3 times, finally got seats, wrong ones and badly damaged, returned them and now waiting again...any idea who I can complain to to get my money back? They charged my credit card LAST SEPTEMBER!

Is it too late to file a complaint with your credit card company?