HybridZ

Possible turbo mani NEED HELP!

Doesn't look like it would work to me, maybe they ment 200ZR? The L-series engines in the S30/S130 cars have a different port layout than that manifold does, the two center runners are very close together (a feature that frustrated my own efforts to fabricate a handbuilt manifold: I had a hard time getting the welder in between).

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with using the OEM manifold? you really can't see it anyway, and it works pretty well. I wish I could have ported it to match the T3-to-T4 adapter, but I didn't have access to a carbide bit before installation...

intercoolerphotoshoot5.jpg

Ah, that was the reason I was trying to make my own, I just couldn't get a hold of one. I finally broke down and bought one for $100, and then my buddy told me he would have sold me his for $25, but it was too late. Just like anything, once you stop looking, you'll be up to your ears in them...

The XS Manifold clearly states it's for an RB20 / RB25, with differentiations on what is different between the two applications.

I bought one of their T3/T3 External Wastegate Adapter Flanges...just because. One day I might use it...or not. For the price....who cares? LOL

that is a terrible picture..

cool idea.. but the intercooler is getting NO air.. only hot rising air from the manifolds...

why oh why?

The point of the picture was to show how much you CAN'T see the factory manifold...

As for the intercooler placement, I'm going to be ducting it from underneath to the front, so the air will exit out the top. this is different than a typical top mount since they generally use a scoop to pull air down into the engine bay. I know it's more of an inter-heater right now, but it's not finished yet...Not that it matters, but the car this intercooler came off of was a 93 Sentra with the SR20DET swapped from the Pulsar and converted to 2wd with an SE-R tranny...It was doing 12.98's in the quarter mile set up exactly the same way with no duct or scoop.

As for why, look at the rest of the car, and then answer: "why not?"