HybridZ

Intake Flanges are finished and Ready

1 fast z

Ok, so here is some pictures of what the manifold flanges are. They are shown without the injector holes, as that is on a order basis, as some people want to put the injectors somewhere OTHER than the flange for atomazation reasons. They are

made on our Matsurra 1000VS2 Machine. They have 1.625" Intake Bores, which is perfect size for

1.375" ID tubing. They are all profiled on our CNC as well. No bandsaw cutting here! Great start to

get you started on your own custom intake, as you can build an intake pretty easy once you have a

Flange. Will fit all cylinder heads that came on a 240z, 260z, 280z, 280zx and L6 Maximas. Price is

160 without Injector Holes, and 190 With. Some people put the injectors up away from the head for

better atomiziation, so thats why we give you guys the choice. Pictures are shown without injector

holes. Intakes should always be port matched for better performance to YOUR head, and port job.

Web Site is here http://www.bandmzcars.com

Intake Page is here http://www.bandmzcars.com/IntakeFlanges.html

intakes_001-600x450.jpg

intakes_002-600x450.jpg

intakes_003-600x450.jpg

intakes_004-600x450.jpg

intakes_005-600x450.jpg

• Administrators

Hi Brian,

I can appreciate the work you've put into those flanges, been there myself. Your work is always top notch... not trying to discredit. Being down this path before, I have learned one or two things...

It looks like the middle of your flange doesn't have enough clearance for the header flange. Picture below illustrates that portion being above the centerline of the runners, whereas it looks like your flange is at the centerline....

BrianFlange.jpg

ManifoldFlange.jpg

Also, its a bit hard to tell by the picture, but thermostat housing clearance is suspect, as well as the area directly below the runner. I tapered my flange inboard for this reason. It may be deceiving, since my runners are a bit larger, 1.750" OD....

ManifoldTstat.jpg

BrainFlange2.jpg

Guest znow white

good call ron , I like your flange better especially seeing it in the 3d solid edge drawing. Also from an engineering and manufacturing point of view yours looks more structurally durable and less vulernable to stress. especially on top of the flange that bevel and the roundess at the bolt holes. good work

Ron I know your selling the complete intake however are you selling the flange alone? and the middle flange for the intake you were helping justin on?

I built a flange for the average person, so that they can afford one. Not trying to impress anyone, as I do that with time slips on my own cars. These are just out there for the low spender that wants to build there custom intake. As far as a solid drawing, if thats what impresses you, then WOW. I am certified in mastercam, as well as solidworks, so solid drawings are EASY.

• Administrators
As far as a solid drawing, if thats what impresses you, then WOW. I am certified in mastercam, as well as solidworks, so solid drawings are EASY.

C'mon Brian, thats not what he said.

I am curious though, your flanges look to be around 1" thick, or so. A header flange is commonly 1/2". Since they both share the same stud & washer, how are you making up the difference in height between the two?

Ron I know your selling the complete intake however are you selling the flange alone? and the middle flange for the intake you were helping justin on?

Thanks.

Justin is putting together orders for both flanges, largely based on my own, starting at post #132... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=111342&page=7

Guest znow white

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 fast z

As far as a solid drawing, if thats what impresses you, then WOW. I am certified in mastercam, as well as solidworks, so solid drawings are EASY.

honestly you sound like a baby . i said nothing about it impressing me you dont have to floss your skills i can do solid works myself too.

being a machinest/hobbiest i am impressed by the craftsmanship of the flange and the intake they built, you can see allot of thought and work was put into it not the welding though :P jk Ron

dude honestly i have no animosity towards you i appreciate your work and craftsmanship i tip my hat towards anyone whos got skillz and you do ! but its kind of sketch your timing selling of the flanges dont get me wrong go ahead theres enough for everyone to eat however i just re read the justin/ron intake fab thread post #173 you advertise your flanges in there i dunno man thats sketch to me highjack.spam I just say what i gotta say thats how it looks to me

seems like another good call see what i mean i just give respect to other good hobbiest and hes already gave you 2 pointers ;)

"I am curious though, your flanges look to be around 1" thick, or so. A header flange is commonly 1/2". Since they both share the same stud & washer, how are you making up the difference in height between the two?"

• Administrators

...you can see allot of thought and work was put into it not the welding though :P jk Ron

No need to kid... you're right. That weldor has been 'removed from the project' :wink:

I think the discussion was about selling options on parts someone said they had, but didn't in all actuality posess.

But what does that have to do with a photograph of flanges that are available for sale (obviously so, since there is a photograph of them)?

I'm missing that connection, if there is one at all.

I'm waiting to see what the "protest" with the SCTA holds for the Bonneville Car, I may be making my own manifold with Turbo Usages much earlier than I had anticipated. So this thread interests me on that level.