HybridZ

safety in china

Dragonfly

After reading this

OBX is a company that has a reputation of producing cheap chinese knockoffs of quality parts.
from this thread http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=123939 it made me think of these pictures:

softhat.jpg

weldingmask.jpg

facemask.jpg

The pictures were posted in a different forum and was talking about the reasons things are done so cheap in china.

Dragonfly

Not to be-little the thread, but aren't the first and 3rd more like India or Malasia or something?

I've been to Shangahi twice, and it is AMAZING how many skyscrapers are going up around there...instead of metal scaffolding, they use bamboo. Instead of concrete pumpers, they have workers climb the scaffolding like hundreds of little ants with gallon buckets!!

The pic with the guy and the cellophane just makes me want to shake my head for sure! :cry:

i pulled up at a stop light on my motorcycle today and a big rig pulled next to me -it had chinese tires on it.i was at napa auto parts and thier sale ad was showing big rig brake drums at $70 each.my point is-how many people are going to have to be killed from chinese junk parts.when the airlines start using chinese tires in thier landing gear?the reason we have a trade deficit is because we buy too much crap from them.but this is going to get political so i will stop now

i pulled up at a stop light on my motorcycle today and a big rig pulled next to me -it had chinese tires on it.i was at napa auto parts and thier sale ad was showing big rig brake drums at $70 each.my point is-how many people are going to have to be killed from chinese junk parts.when the airlines start using chinese tires in thier landing gear?the reason we have a trade deficit is because we buy too much crap from them.but this is going to get political so i will stop now

Steel Mark is the China big rig tire brand. Most big rig brake drums are made here still for what its worth. We bought some steel marks and will never do it again. IMPOSSIBLE to beat off a wheel to replace after they wear out sooner than they should.

Tread lightly, friends... I hear the keys a jangling.

Good call Ron.

In an effort to bring this thread back towards the neutral direction, here is something that I think the Chinese did really well:

maglev_shanghai.jpg

The maglev to the Pudong airport. It reaches a top speed of 431 KPH (268 MPH)

It has banked corners so no lateral G-forces can be felt. It takes about seven minutes to travel 30 km (19 mile) track!

We're now laying down our fourth light rail line and second electric street car line in Portland...I wonder if (and when) we'll have to get a maglev?? :rolleyes:

One point to be made is that the people in whatever given foreign country are poor. Period. The fact that they have work is a big plus for them. Even though they are paid what we consider to be a horrible wage it actually might be a good wage for their country. Things become relative and by bashing on some company you are judging them by our standards and not by their standards. Yes sweat shops are horrible but when the kids are paid an adult salary and are helping the family then what? Just something to think about.