HybridZ

Shopping for engines

mario_82_ZXT

How on earth do you guys do it??? I can't find anything on craigslist (unless it's domestic), and searching for anything RB related on google gets you like a million worthless results...

I'm just looking for an RB20DET and maybe the transmission (I believe it's the same as the SX/SR tranny, need to check on the bellhousing pattern though...). No ECU or wiring harness needed, turbo included a plus, but I've got 2 already that I could slap on there temporarily.

I'm pretty sure I toasted my L28ET and I want something revvy and fun, not going for all out power, just "funness" to drive. It'd be rewired and MS'd so no need for stock electronics...

Any suggestions? I'm sick of having "smokey the lung cancer causing Z" for my fun car.

Thanks,

Mario

I just found a 2003 LS1/T56 for $3200 and you come pick it up here.

OTM

(a little far for Mario though... could ship...)

Too far and too pricey! That's why I was looking at the Rb20s, they are pretty damn cheap and make the same power as a stock L28ET (for arguments sake) but rev higher.

May I suggest a SR20? Light, small, HUGE HUGE parts market, and easy to make power out of. Also you have lots of info on this site for the swap.

I'm loving the SR20DE in my SE-R Sentra, but damn if those tiny motors weren't commanding such a pretty penny... Again the RB20 is way cheaper and sounds a lot nicer too.

I also have access to a Nissan crate engine KA but you can never make a nice revvy one... Turbo parts aren't too expensive either (JGS manifold is like $400). And it sounds like crap compared to the SR or L series...

I just need a bare engine! I can do the rest really! (lol)

Mario

do a search for racer98 here at hybrid. He can get you what you need. Theres a handful of guys here that have bought from him and they all have been satisfied. I just ordered an SR20det from him so i'll keep you posted as to how the transaction goes.

Thanks roostmonkey!

I'm going to contact him. I might also have a hookup through my job... we'll see...

I think it may be down to an RB or SR, if I had more money I'd go VH with a manual transmission... (maybe after college). Curse you parts availability!!!

*shakes angry fist*

Mario