HybridZ

How to replace the 240z glovebox without cardboard?

Hailstorm

Hey there,

I'm going to attempt to replace the actual glovebox cardboard compartment with thin wood, but first I need someone to make measurements of theirs, because I ended up ripping out the rotted old one I had in my dash.

I will provide everyone with step-by-steps on how I do it, so you no longer have to worry about buying a 10-40 buck piece of cardboard to put in your car, or about it rotting :icon6: which was my main concern when contemplating how best to reassemble the dash.

It will not add much weight over the cardboard since I'll be using thin wood, and the weight will be worth it in my opinion because it won't rot like cardboard will if it gets wet or moist at all.

Thanks ahead of time,

Ken

save your time & money. i simply took a 280z plastic glovebox and adapted it to my 240z. took about 1 hour and cost only my time. it fits and looks great [imho]. the 280z gloveboxes are cheap too...don't remember exactly what mods i did but the pics below should help :)new_glove_box.JPGnew_glove_box_in.JPG