HybridZ

Introducing myself and my 240...

This is one of my first posts on this forum so I figured I'd start it off with pictures. Sorry for them all being of the right side, it's all I have on my computer at the moment. Trust me, the left side looks just as nice...All of these were shot in Steamboat Springs, Colorado where I have been living the past 2 years and where I also bought the car. How it got up there I have no idea, but I've since moved so don't worry about any winter driving!

img0137hp2.th.jpgimg0138nh8.th.jpgimg0136le7.th.jpgimg0128rc5.th.jpg

img0136zn3.jpg

img0132mz9.jpg

img0137tv2.jpg

img0139oh5.jpg

Specs

1972 240Z with 86,580 miles

Triple Weber Side Drafts with K&N Filters

3 into 2 headers (Unknown)

Targa Exhaust

Camshaft and Lifters (Unknown, grrr)

Tokico Springs (lowers car >1")

Rear Sway Bar

Front Skirt (Urethane)

And of course the Whale Tail

This is my first car, took me 3 years but I finally bought one

I bought this car last year in late September/Early October with 83,550 miles for $3,250.00. It came with all of the original parts plus the huge list of performance everything, though little was known about the car and much of the performance parts are still unknown/un-named until I can look into them further. So far I've spent less than $200.00 in getting it tuned up and looking nice. I have loved early Z's since I first laid eyes on them (12 years old looking in Want Ad Digests) so when this came in the local paper in Steamboat Springs listed as "1972 240Z, looks clean, drives nice, make offer" I had to check it out. As it turns out it was a lot more than a clean, nice driver...

Well let me be the first to welcome you to HybridZ! I also have a '72 which, if I may say, is one of the finest years available. The car has excellently low miles, and appears to be in nice shape. I'm curious: do those "Rocky mountain" cars experience a lot of rust?

Strotter: not any more rust than I've seen on any other Z that's used as a daily-ish driver. I know I got extremely lucky but overall the car is in amazing condition. No major rust in the wheel wells, no rust on any of the panels, floorboards are absolutely flawless, overall a really nice car (even underneath the battery was flawless). The only problem that I've seen occur to other Z's in the area (a '75 260 and '76 280) is that the "rocks" they use to add traction in winter can wear out the underbody of a car very quickly, which leads to rust spots, especially in the rear of the wheel wells. Nearly every car in Steamboat also had a cracked windshield from rocks being thrown up and I'm thankful it never happened to me.

On the plus side I haven't seen much salt used to melt off the roads unlike my home state of New York. I absolutely abhor salt and have seen way too many Z's go the way of the DohDoh (or however you spell it) in the North East.

I was in the process of cleaning the engine bay when I decided to head home for the summer to renovate a house so I had to put the car in storage. I'll be taking many more pictures to try and have you guys help me identify parts, and I'm sure many people don't believe the Weber claim until they see them. All in good time (2 weeks about).

e_racer - Thanks!

Hey, half of my friends all moved to steamboat like, four years ago!! how old are you? Go to the bars much?

If they know you, it would be as "the guys with shawn's old car" because for many years I drove my white 280 as my sole vehicle..

Know anyone who lived out there named Justin? Karen? Cassie? Candy? The first two have since moved back, but the latter two still live there..

Welcome to HyridZ, by the way.. heh...

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Welcome and superb car, nicely modd'd and great shape!! I used to date someone from Steamboat and had a buddy that just moved from there. Where do you live now, as you stated you moved?

Good to see more CO owners on HybridZ, be on the lookout for a summer get together at some point - x-fingers!

Regards - Yasin