HybridZ

What Manualgearbox Will Fit My 1990 300zx Engine And Bolt Straight To The Car

Guest GERONEMO

Guest GERONEMO

im trying to get some info on what other model cars have manual gearboxes that fit the 300zx twin turbo VG39DETT i want to avoid welding.it will be going back in to the 300zx 1990 model.i dont have the motor for it yet but it was a twin turbo auto before .i am open to other motor conversions but included the gearbox details.i want to use a different manual because the manuals for this car are hard to get and to bloody expensive.ive was told the manual and the auto motors were different but later was told that they are both manual compatible.I like the idea of using a 4 cylinder skyline motor but need to know what happens with the gearbox and driveshaft ,and of course the wiring loom.if you just need a costom drive shaft that easy to sort .this project is for my wife as a daily driver.any input would be very much appretiated .clinton

Guest GERONEMO
There was a skyline with a 4 cylinder? What motor was that?[/quote

i am probably wrong saying its out of a skyline .im refering to a zx i saw on trademe it was a custom built drift car.

Guest GERONEMO

ive looked about that vh45 v8 with a 5 speed looks like a nice way to go ,im going to love cutting a hole in my carbon bonnet to fit it .any one got a walk through on put that in the zx .the guy said the gear box bolted on to the stock holes.is there turbos and non turbos?could i use the tubos off the vg30dett ,there still sitting there ,he said i could use the stock driveshaft ,is the auto shaft the same as the autos /im guesting it is.

• Administrators

The intake manifold on the VH45DE is rather tall. Depending on your fabrication skills, you could design and build your own low profile manifold that would fit under the stock bonnet.

Here is a picture of a custom manifold on the VH45DE , though this particular design probably isn’t short enough fit under the Z32 bonnet, it does represent how radical you can get with a custom manifold on the VH45DE.

q45zpower_16rw.jpg

q45zpower_03rw.jpg