HybridZ

haltech f3 keeps saying reconect

76s30

I try to go online with the F3 and it just keeps saying reconnect haltech... WTF. when the tunning program first started up it said it needed com1 (serial port) so I set up com1 in the System (control panel) device manager.

start it again try to go online same thing. brand new link cable, haltech has power. wtf ......I'm stumped.

I suppose i should include some info about the computer.

its a thinkpad 600 (most indestrucable laptop built)

I'm running windows xp profesional

and the tunning program is directly from the haltech site version 5.2

I load the program it asks if i want to go online when it starts. and it just keeps flashing reconnect haltech.

finally got through to haltech tech support.

he said that the newest version of windows that wil ACTUALLY WORK, as in go online with the haltech, is win 95 any one have a copy?

win xp will run the program fine but it won't really work. Something to do with win 95 still being DOS based.

so that was the problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm having the same issues but with vista, I followed haltech's instructions to the letter yet it doesn't want to connect. I've got an f9, so i'm in the same DOS boat as you are.

I'm using vista with dosbox and a new prolific usb to serial converter on com1. the dosbox config was setup to activate and accept com1, and it should be working but before i start testing wiring connections im going to see if it will work with xp.

In the meantime if i manage to find anything i'll keep you posted.